What's the next war look like?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’d agree if you said any long time Blue run city or state. Everything hasn’t gone to shite. Just what the democrats touch.
Regardless of where you are wages are failing to keep up with inflation, prices are going up, everything breaks more, less people show up for work and those that do do a half added job. Honestly when I have to deal with Oklahoma's government it is as bad or worse than the west coast.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think China has the logistical capability to invade the US in a conventional military way. I know Russia doesn't.

That's not to say one or both of them aren't placing people inside the US...they may be. Even if China did possess the ability to move a few hundred thousand soldiers across the pacific they'd be destroyed long before they got here.

There are far more effective means for the Chinese to fight us. Drawing us into a war over Taiwan would be one. In space would be another. Or maybe a cyber war. These could all have a devastating impact on the country. They'd also face the issue of retaliation and that's a big problem for them. We still have a very capable military.

Another big problem for China in a war with the US would be $$. Their largest customer for all their products would disappear and so would others. We'd also likely cancel their debt, too.

A conventional invasion ain't gonna happen. Not for another 20 or 30 years, anyway. Plus, we're actually being quite successful at destroying the country from within. If China was smart they'd just sit back and watch and contribute to that where they can. At any rate, I'm hopeful we'll have our s**t together before too long and get the country back on the right track. Then again, I'll be long gone by that time, so....

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, there's lots of rumors and talk about China this and that. Illegal biolabs, buying up land, importing fentanyl, etc etc. Its not good, but that not the point of this post. I wanna talk about a major war with a major power, from a preparation viewpoint. Likely, it would be China, and I would not be surprised if there was an invasion of the US, which wouldn't be the main goal, but as a destabilization/demoralization tactic to allow them free reign to do as they wish elsewhere in the world. That would easily accomplished with 10-40,000 mediocre soldiers waging unconventional warfare. I could go into detail and my thoughts, but at the moment, I'll just share some articles that make for some good further reading.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2023/06/09/america-weapons-china-00100373
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/27/...a-would-reach-deep-into-american-society.html
But, invasion of the US or not, even the oldest guys here won't have memories of WW2 (I think?). What do you think it would look like from a home/preparation standpoint? Ration cards and fuel stamps again? What do you envision, and how do you plan to prepare for something like this?
We, the civilized world created this monster, buying counterfeit junk, made with slave labor! Communist China, was using Ox carts, and couldn't even defend themselves from Japan, in my life time! NOW they are the undisputed number two economic, and military power on earth, with plans to be NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!! They are not going to invade the US, they are smarter than that, they already CONTROL OUR ELECTIONS, have their PUPPETS, in all of our news media, Hollywood, schools, collages, congress, and the White House! They likely will just wait until we ASK THEM TO TAKE OVER OUR COUNTRY! Our kids are taught that everything about America is EVIL, and SHAMEFUL, and that we should all become homosexuals, transgender, and allow someone worthy to assume power, and straighten out this evil place! I don't know if we are that stupid or not, but it wouldn't surprise me!! Wear you TRUMP ball cap in public, if you DARE? OVERWHELM THE NEXT RIGGED ELECTION, AND DEMAND VIDEO CAMERAS IN ALL POLLING PLACES, AND VOTE COUNT FACILITIES!!!!

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the next war is already being waged/// economically. the principal foe is the WEF and their co operators the central banks. really nothing new under the sun. i think that is why trump is so hated and attacked. he really isn't really all that much of a great leader but he is a nationalist and the world hates nationalism right now.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think China has the logistical capability to invade the US in a conventional military way. I know Russia doesn't.

That's not to say one or both of them aren't placing people inside the US...they may be. Even if China did possess the ability to move a few hundred thousand soldiers across the pacific they'd be destroyed long before they got here.

There are far more effective means for the Chinese to fight us. Drawing us into a war over Taiwan would be one. In space would be another. Or maybe a cyber war. These could all have a devastating impact on the country. They'd also face the issue of retaliation and that's a big problem for them. We still have a very capable military.

Another big problem for China in a war with the US would be $$. Their largest customer for all their products would disappear and so would others. We'd also likely cancel their debt, too.

A conventional invasion ain't gonna happen. Not for another 20 or 30 years, anyway. Plus, we're actually being quite successful at destroying the country from within. If China was smart they'd just sit back and watch and contribute to that where they can. At any rate, I'm hopeful we'll have our s**t together before too long and get the country back on the right track. Then again, I'll be long gone by that time, so....
Russia and China would invade Alaska across the Bering Straight while their people already here will be taking out power stations and lines, food distribution points, oil storage facilities.

China and Russia are both working to set up new trading partners in Africa and Asia so they are not dependent on the US for trade. That is one of the reasons Russia invaded Ukraine. It would give them a big boost in control of the world's food supply. China wants Taiwan to control semi-conductors. Plus one of their allies Iran could choke off a lot of the world's oil supply.
All in all we either need to give a major boost to production of all 3, and more, or we need to keep propping up countries like Ukraine. If not we are going to be in a world of hurt when it comes down.

Taiwan we just need to deliver the weapons they have already paid for.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score

I don't think so either. the isolation of owning a continent with Canada and Mexico has always been our greatest strength, and superpower or not, I believe it would prevent any sort of large scale land invasion, simply due to sheer expense and logistical difficulty faced by any invading force. Even if we had 1/10th of the military capabilities that we currently do, our geographical advantage would still keep us safe from anything conventional, short of strategic weapons.

BUT, especially concerning where we are as a nation and as a society at the moment, it wouldn't take a lot of knock the nation off balance and cause it to backpedal. We are HEAVILY dependent on China's imports of manufactured goods and raw materials. We are almost completely dependent on Taiwan's export of technology. We have so much societal and political infighting that we wouldn't be able to pull our heads out of our asses until an aggressor already achieved much of their goals.

China has stated that they will reunify China and Taiwan, I forget when, but I think the deadline set was by 2050. It was explicitly stated that they will do so by political means, and if that fails, they will take it by military force. Looking at china's population growth numbers, they just hit the downhill slide for population growth, which means that they are now shrinking. They should hit their "Peak" of fighting and economic capability sometime between 2027 and 2035, but likely would choose to make something happen earlier, so that they can time the conflict to peak before they start degrading too much.
https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2022/12/05/key-facts-about-chinas-declining-population/
While the US is a big influence over the pacific, and between us and our allies, we keep China in relative check out there, we have some biiiig holes in our force projection:

Our fleet is aging, and shrinking. This isn't just Joe's fault, its been the fault of several of our previous presidents. According to the most recent congressional report/naval shipbuilding plan, the US navy plans on reducing the number of ships, and "eventually" expanding its missile capability by increasing the number of missiles deployed in the fleet. But we're not doing these things at the same time, we're downgrading right now, and sometime in the next 10 years we're upgrading. We wont be back to 300ish ships until mid 2050s. So between now and 2035ish there's a major lull in US naval firepower and numbers. We're better than China from a military and technology standpoint, but they have a serious numbers advantage. In there lies the problem: a smaller, technologically superior fleet likely won't defeat a much larger fleet: and with the possible the exception of three cases in the past 1,200 years, nobody has.
https://www.usni.org/magazines/proceedings/2020/february/chinas-navy-will-be-worlds-largest-2035https://www.cbo.gov/publication/58745
We don't have any long range, conventional strike land based capabilities in the pacific. Yeah, we have SSBN's, carrier strike groups, and aircraft we can deploy all over the world, but we don't have anything that proves to be a set in place, strategic headache to the Chinese. We're one dimensional. Essentially, if they can keep the US from using nuclear weapons, they can stomp around the pacific without any major concerns. Not only do we not have anything in the pacific, but our allies don't want them either.
https://www.latimes.com/politics/st...in-western-pacific-to-combat-chinas-expansion
Well, why would we need to worry about that, when we can just cut off the straight of Malacca? Well, realistically we cannot. China has fortified the area through building numerous bases, and establishing relationships with most of the countries in the area, and also has built up massive backup plans to keep goods flowing on land through their silk road initiative.
(super cool article by the way) Inside the battle for the South China Sea
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/06/china-new-silk-road-explainer/
There has been Talk of China aspiring to be the dominant power in the world, unseating the US from its role. it has already worked towards establishing the yen as the currency for oil, and pushes harder to be the leader in economic activity through the world. Without being able to project our nations ideas and values onto the world via economic power, the US will possibly fall by the wayside. Suddenly a US passport isn't the thing to have when travelling, it will be a Chinese passport. I think this is extremely doubtful, and unlikely even if they gain a stranglehold on the oil market through the adoption of the yen, but still.. Interesting thing to consider.
https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2020/10/what-kind-superpower-will-china-be/616580/https://carnegieendowment.org/2020/05/22/china-has-two-paths-to-global-domination-pub-81908
A four-star Air Force General Mike Minihan, head of Air Mobility Command, earlier in 2023, predicted the US would be at war with China in two years and told them to get ready to prepare by firing “a clip” at a target and “aim for the head.”
In a memo, General Minihan said: “I hope I am wrong. My gut tells me (we) will fight in 2025.” Minihan noted in the memo that because Taiwan and the US will have presidential elections in 2024, the US will be “distracted,” and Chinese President Xi Jinping will have an opportunity to move on to Taiwan.
The poking at our sovereignty has already begun, just look at the Chinese completely ignoring our agreements to reduce cyber attacks, that weather balloon fiasco, or just a few days ago a fleet of Chinese and Russian ships were found off the coast of Alaska.
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023...ter-china-russia-naval-patrol-near-alaska-wsj
What does the all have to do with prepping?!

As a nation, we are vulnerable. We have an opponent who sees that, exploits that, and has goals that we stand in the way of. A small invasion of 30-40,000 militants through our borders and waging a guerilla war on our infrastructure would not only be crippling, but it would inflame the divides we already have in our country. This could tie up manpower resources (military, manufacturing, etc) in trying to keep things together on the home front, thus giving China a larger advantage to accomplish what they desire in the Pacific and Middle East. They don't have to win, they just need the US to go from chasing its tail, to getting kicked around while it is chasing its tail.

If this unorthodox invasion were to happen, and 40,000ish recently immigrated Chinese men took up arms within the United States and started raising hell; while the Chinese mainland ramped up cyber attacks on our infrastructure and got pushy in their corner of the pacific, cut off US goods, and retook Taiwan; how would that affect us on the home front? What would you do to prepare? What does that look like for you?

Lets say nothing physical happened in our own backyard, and we just had to deal with the usual Chinese Cyberattacks, manufacturing getting cut off, and a war being waged elsewhere in the world. how would that affect us on the home front? What would you do to prepare? What does that look like for you?

Last thought that I have, is how would this mimic WWII? Would there be "internment camps"? More persecution of Asian American citizens due to fear? Thoughts on this? I just think of how my buddy is married to a Chinese woman who is a US citizen, and how his wife and kids were threatened and berated in public during Covid, and even followed home. I imagine things would be much worse for people like this in the case of a full blown war.

Last edited:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read not long ago that the US was re-establishing a naval presence at Subic Bay.
True, but China has established bases in Cambodia, Djibouti, The Paracel Islands, and the Spratly islands with plans to put bases in Sri Lanka, Equatorial Guinea, Pakistan, Myanmar, Thailand, Indonesia, Tanzania, Singapore and lots of other places.

Granted, the United States' military reach is vast, and we have tons of bases all over the place. But we're no longer the only guys in the game.

1691615204809.png

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t believe the hype!

Imagine if Google was around when the aliens attacked and Henny- Penny narrowly avoided Foxxy-Woxxy!

Hopefully the first thing that goes is the internet because some of you warriors have already given up before the fight, goodness.

Latest posts

Top Bottom