When can a CCWr use his weapon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I'm in a mall and see some guy in a trench coat start blasting people, I'm shooting.
I remember the story of the guy that left his .45 in the car because of a gun buster sign. He was in a store just feet away from the guy that shot and killed a bunch of shoppers. His thoughts were that if he had broken the law and had his gun on his person, he could have saved several lives.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
My understanding has always been.....lethal force can only be used against lethal force; somebody punching you with their fists doesn't inherently equal lethal force. Of course even that is circumstantial as we saw with the Treyvon case, etc.(fear of loss of life or limb can be argued against an "stronger" unarmed aggressor).

This dude got a fist to the mouth and responded with a slug to the chest. Justified.

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=11869868

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I'm in a mall and see some guy in a trench coat start blasting people, I'm shooting.
I remember the story of the guy that left his .45 in the car because of a gun buster sign. He was in a store just feet away from the guy that shot and killed a bunch of shoppers. His thoughts were that if he had broken the law and had his gun on his person, he could have saved several lives.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nemesis, have you taken your SDA class yet? Definitely a question for the instructor.

You'll have to decide in the situation how attached you are to "another," and how important it is for you to protect them.

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^This, plus studying the law on your own. It will likely be an unsuccessful defense when you tell the jury "but that's what they said on internet forums about when I could use deadly force".

and for $12 a month they can provide you with legal services for gun related expenses if every needed...

Last edited:

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Nemesis, have you taken your SDA class yet? Definitely a question for the instructor.

Yes, I've taken the class, and the instructor did not know. This guy was positively clueless. He said such things as, "Smith and Wesson has a Smart gun that won't allow anybody but the owner to fire." "A bullet fired (vertically) into the air will hit the ground with the same velocity that it left the barrel of the gun." And concerning my question, he contended we had to wait until we've been knocked to the ground before we drew our weapon. He even showed us how to draw and fire when we're flat on our back. He didn't include in that portion of his lecture how to draw and fire if we were unconscious.

You'll have to decide in the situation how attached you are to "another," and how important it is for you to protect them.

I already know that I can defend someone to whom I'm close. If I'm "attached" to them, there's no question. I'm inquiring concerning the legality of lethal force in defense of a stranger in a situation such as took place in Garland, TX.

BTW, given our current immigration and political climate, this (such as Moore, OK; Garland, TX) scenario is going to occur with greater frequency. IMO. I just read this today concerning future acts of war on our soil: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-...st-attacks-after-taking-credit-botched-texas-

Last edited:

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, I've taken the class, and the instructor did not know. This guy was positively clueless. He said such things as, "Smith and Wesson has a Smart gun that won't allow anybody but the owner to fire." "A bullet fired in the air will hit the ground with the same velocity that it left the barrel of the gun." And concerning my question, he contended we had to wait until we've been knocked to the ground before we drew our weapon. He even showed us how to draw and fire when we're flat on our back. He didn't include in that portion of his lecture how to draw and fire if we were unconscious.

I already know that I can defend someone to whom I'm close. If I'm "attached" to them, there's no question. I'm inquiring concerning the legality of lethal force in defense of a stranger in a situation such as took place in Garland, TX.

BTW, given our current immigration and political climate, this (such as Moore, OK; Garland, TX) scenario is going to occur with greater frequency. IMO.
The ordeal in TX was in a gun free zone but had I been there with a concealed gun, I would have felt safe to fire in that case.

Latest posts

Top Bottom