When I was a manager I was responsible.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cichlid-dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been in the past a manager at to retail places. One was a rental car company and the other were some parking garages. In all situations as the manager I was responsible not only for the all the hard products like the building or rental cars but also for the soft products like the employees. Why does that now not include our federal elected officials?

DaveG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nobody these days wants to take responsibility. Society in general has gone that way. People all the time do stupid stuff and get hurt and it is never their fault, it is someone elses. Spill hot coffee on your lap, McDonald is at fault. Jump a fence at the zoo to get into the Tiger Cage, guess what the zoo is at fault in this blame everyone society. We need people to start taking responsibility. From the leaders in DC to the retards that put them there.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nobody these days wants to take responsibility. Society in general has gone that way. People all the time do stupid stuff and get hurt and it is never their fault, it is someone elses. Spill hot coffee on your lap, McDonald is at fault. Jump a fence at the zoo to get into the Tiger Cage, guess what the zoo is at fault in this blame everyone society. We need people to start taking responsibility. From the leaders in DC to the retards that put them there.

from bash.org:
<samsim> I heard about this guy who broke into a lion's den at the zoo
<samsim> and got mauled
<samsim> and people were talking about how there should have been better defences put up to prevent people getting into the cage
<samsim> a friend of mine suggested setting up some kind of deterrent
<samsim> for example, putting some sort of fierce animal in the cage, which would attack anybody who climbed in

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to make snide remarks about the Liebeck vs McDonald's case, until I read the particulars.

Liebeck suffered 3rd degree burns, required skin grafts and spent two years receiving medical treatment related to the burns.
She had not retained an attorney when she asked McDonalds for $20,000 to cover the medical bills (she had already spent $10,500). They offered her $800. She retained an attorney and the rest is history.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm glad that some people have actually taken a look at that case. So many were so busy criticizing her without looking at the facts, but I was of the opinion that McDonalds broke that one off in their own hind end by how they handled her complaint. Back then, I wouldn't touch their McLava because it was so damn hot, and it tasted burnt even when fresh.

Latest posts

Top Bottom