Intruder Drill solution

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carried a Keltec P-380 and a 4” knife everyday for my entire career at the power plant that had a no weapon policy. Small pocket holster prevented printing in jeans while the knife was considered a work device as we were issued electricians knives that got thrown into a drawer. Never got close to needing either, but it was a comfort knowing I could defend myself if hiding or running was out of the question which should be the first course of getting away from a workplace shooting.

wolfkpr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Theres a difference between “ company policy” no weapons.. and a fed, govt building etc- at least as far as how much risk you take by breaking rules. Theres also a difference between normal everyday carry, and NPE ( non permissive environment) where you are fired, arrested, etc if caught. Couple of the guys mentioned pocket holsters, j frames- the fun limitations of NP E carry.. if you decide not to carry- theres always the sturdy mop handle you “ left” behind the file cabinet, the old hammer that “ oh i brought at in months ago to hang that picture in my office”.. there are non firearm weapons options.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm on the side of screw policy and signs. I would also have three or four dozen cans of Fox pepper spray, or other spray of your liking, hidden around the areas, and as others have said, knives, screwdrivers, hammers, sockets, etc. Harbor Freight is great place for cheap security items to throw.

Red Dirt Walker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
l could always get another high paying job in industry but might have a hard time with getting a new life so l never paid much attention to the brain washed little minions in HR.

I worked for a progressive medical equipment manufacturer for 20 plus years before retiring and they had a no weapons policy.......even a folding pocket knife was considered a weapon. Dave's First Law states I'm always armed so don't ask and don't tell........ minimum carry was a S&W J frame and a 4" automatic knife. Business attire was order of the day and l found pleated pants covered up a pocket holster and the folder would clip on to the top of my ropers or fit along side my billfold.

Never found out or questioned about carrying gun or knife in all my time there.
Unfortunately the position I have attained in my company is through hard work and determination and not through a degree of any kind. Therefore another high paying job doing what I do is not possible since every job opening I have seen and I have looked at many in the last few years, all require what I don't have on paper, but do have in experience, but the paper is the only thing that matters to all that I have seen.

Long way of saying I am stuck where I am unless I want a decent pay cut. Not saying there isn't a company out there that would hire me for what I do without a piece of paper, but I haven't found that company yet.

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well you have to balance the risk vs the rewards or results and as you say in government buildings and the like hammers wasp spray all are options.......on of the most devastating weapons l used up close and personal on my senior trip to se Asia was a freaking tomahawk which could be replaced by a good hammer in a civilized setting

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is anyone going to be mad at you for concealing a weapon and then eliminating a thread to 10's, 100's, 1000's of people? If there are no searches when entering a building, I am carrying.

focus should be on getting yourself and or loved ones out and safe.........not 'saving' 10's 100's1000's. Thats the job of the authorities. If you get fired because you used your means to be safe....so be it. You have only 1 life....there are lots of other jobs out there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom