When selling meat isn't all it's cracked up to be

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I worked nights in the Army, and lived in an apartment complex, it was tough getting ny sleep with all the DTD sales people and church people.
Finally hung a sign on the door that said "No salesmen, preachers, or solicitors. We shoot every third one, and the second one just left"
Pretty well shut down any daytime door bell ringing.

Thank God nobody had to be shot. LOL!

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe a sequel to my wife's favorite movie, "When Harry Met Sally," called "When Crazy Met Stupid."

The shooter was 'way outside okay (justified), if the story has been properly reported, when he pulled the trigger.

And, he was using a .410 with who knows what load. And, he pretty much missed. At least he'll most likely not have legal access to guns after this. I'm all for gun rights, but not for nutcases.

Hope I haven't insulted any .410 fans who use them for home protection, but . . .

As for the door to door meat salesman and his companion with warrants, that seems to be pretty much the norm. His obvious financial motivation for filing the charges is despicable. I suspect a look at his background would be pretty interesting.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
NO meat or oranges or whatever is ever bought from our front door. I chase em off.

I have a friend who was attacked by a door-to-door meat salesman in the shower with a knife, her roomate had already been murdered in the next room after answering the door, she managed to run out of the house wet and naked but she got away from him. Was on the east side of Tulsa around 98 or so.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
NO meat or oranges or whatever is ever bought from our front door. I chase em off.

I have a friend who was attacked by a door-to-door meat salesman in the shower with a knife, her roomate had already been murdered in the next room after answering the door, she managed to run out of the house wet and naked but she got away from him. Was on the east side of Tulsa around 98 or so.

Lots of stories around about these clowns. There must be some sponsoring organization that's putting them out there, and it would appear that their hiring practices are suspect. The same folks who do roofing scams, painting scams, driveway repair scams, etc. are likely to be behind these meat vendors.

I wonder if anyone has done an organized investigation.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I like those meat truck guys. Sometimes I can shi+ em up for bout a hour. Then I get tired of stalling and tell em I gotta get my check book, then I dont answer the door. They eventually get the idea.

hairtrigger44

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom