Armed citizen saved the life of a police officer (Bartlesville, OK).

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKgetdown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not at all. What action, if any, would you take? It's easy to criticize what a person did after the fact and spout a bunch of legal mumbo jumbo. What would you do?
I didn’t criticize him. Go back and read again. I said I hope it works out for him. I said he took a huge risk

A) pulling a gun during a police interaction
B)discharging a firearm in the direction of an officer being dragged by a car
C) in a parking lot with other people around
D) opening himself up to a whole load of liability on very little information and very little time to make an assessment.

I would not have opened fire and called 911. Does that answer your question? I’m sure you would have went straight to the gun?

Edit: I’ll add that I have a first aid kit in my truck. I would grab it and see what aid I could render as well.

Last edited:

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I didn’t criticize him. Go back and read again. I said I hope it works out for him. I said he took a huge risk

A) pulling a gun during a police interaction
B)discharging a firearm in the direction of an officer being dragged by a car
C) in a parking lot with other people around
D) opening himself up to a whole load of liability on very little information and very little time to make an assessment.

I would not have opened fire and called 911. Does that answer your question? I’m sure you would have went straight to the gun?

Edit: I’ll add that I have a first aid kit in my truck. I would grab it and see what aid I could render as well.
I would have done whatever I could to save the officer. If lethal force was needed then I would have used it. Calling 911 of course but as we know, most calls to 911 take minutes when seconds may be all we have. I also carry a first aid kit to render assistance after an accident or incident. This incident sounds like it was far from over when the Good Samaritan took action. I wonder if the right guy is dead? I'm thinking he got what he deserved. I could be wrong as additional details are released. You take a huge risk anytime you pull a gun. I guess one way to avoid that is to pull a phone and hope someone else arrives quickly to save the officer.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You have a LOT to learn about tribal politics.
^
This! Hopefully if he's not a bona-fide card carrying member it works out in his favor, but I can also see the tribal courts charging him for anything they can come up with. Hope he ain't related to the Governor in any way.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As for there being a bunch of people in the parking lot, didn't the story say this took place at about 5:00 am? Probably not many out there then.

Another thing interesting me is that they called the OSBI for investigation. I would think that if it were a sovereign tribal location that they would have called some form of federal law enforcement.

commandcomm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As for there being a bunch of people in the parking lot, didn't the story say this took place at about 5:00 am? Probably not many out there then.

Another thing interesting me is that they called the OSBI for investigation. I would think that if it were a sovereign tribal location that they would have called some form of federal law enforcement.

FBI has jurisdiction on tribal land.

Latest posts

Top Bottom