Armed citizen saved the life of a police officer (Bartlesville, OK).

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKgetdown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How can an officer always be sure it's the right guy?
I think the more relevant question is how does the bystander know it’s the right guy?

Also I’d like to point out how crazy it is to pull out a gun during a police encounter like that. More police show up while you have that gun out and you are now the prime focus of their actions.

jeepjackazz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the more relevant question is how does the bystander know it’s the right guy?

Also I’d like to point out how crazy it is to pull out a gun during a police encounter like that. More police show up while you have that gun out and you are now the prime focus of their actions.

I would imagine the cop being drug by the vehicle is a decent indicator.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score

If I see a police officer being dragged by another person trying to drive a car away I'm guessing it's a problem and I would try to help. Any of us can armchair quarterback after the fact and play what if's. Some would just call 911, some would scamper the other direction, and some would try to help. None of us were there but I know what would try to do if I saw a similar situation. What would you do?

OKgetdown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I see a police officer being dragged by another person trying to drive a car away I'm guessing it's a problem and I would try to help. Any of us can armchair quarterback after the fact and play what if's. Some would just call 911, some would scamper the other direction, and some would try to help. None of us were there but I know what would try to do if I saw a similar situation. What would you do?
I wouldn’t open fire in this instance.

OKgetdown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would imagine the cop being drug by the vehicle is a decent indicator.
But if there was some unlawful action by the officer before, and then you shoot and kill someone it becomes more complicated than just helping an officer. I’d say we know more now than he knew then. I hope it works out for the guy. He took a hell of a risk on little information.

Last edited:

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
You’re just playing word games now. Not shooting answers the question fine.
Not at all. What action, if any, would you take? It's easy to criticize what a person did after the fact and spout a bunch of legal mumbo jumbo. What would you do?

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Happy thanksgiving you two
Pittsburgh Pirates Laughing GIF by MLB

Latest posts

Top Bottom