When will they fire Gundy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is this based on besides hatred of Gundy? What has he done wrong coaching? What did he do wrong in the Baylor game? How would do it differently?
Mike I don’t hate Gundy. In fact, I don’t hate anyone. Look at the last 17 years he has been there. Either as an assistant or Head Coach. He is good at what he does, but he doesn’t have the recruiting, or the talent to ever be a national championship head coach at OSU. Now….. if he were to move that may change.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Other than the Big 12 championship that he already won? Referring to another one maybe?
Did you not watch the game yesterday? OSU has won ONE big 12 championship which is a feather in the cap, but it’s not a national championship. His skill set will take OSU to a national championship. Plain and simple.

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No he did not win nor did LOUSr St win a championship, he shared but did NOT win it all.

and the phoney mattel 1945 championship lie needs to come down as well.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You need to go back and reread the thread—the folks calling for Gundy’s head were primarily OSU fans. JD8 just brought this back up to remind some of y’all what you were saying last year.

Yep. In all honestly I was looking for what they said about the t-shirt deal and found this.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mike I don’t hate Gundy. In fact, I don’t hate anyone. Look at the last 17 years he has been there. Either as an assistant or Head Coach. He is good at what he does, but he doesn’t have the recruiting, or the talent to ever be a national championship head coach at OSU. Now….. if he were to move that may change.
Gundy nor anyone else will win a national championship at OSU unless it’s pure dumb luck in one freaky weird year. No coach will ever be able to recruit enough of that level of talent there due to its location. If Gundy went to a larger school in a location that was more urban he well might. He’s a good coach.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Did you not watch the game yesterday? OSU has won ONE big 12 championship which is a feather in the cap, but it’s not a national championship. His skill set will take OSU to a national championship. Plain and simple.
Did you not read your own post? You said they won't win a National Championship with Gundy(they haven't) or even a Big 12 Championship with Gundy, and they have. Plain and simple.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gundy nor anyone else will win a national championship at OSU unless it’s pure dumb luck in one freaky weird year. No coach will ever be able to recruit enough of that level of talent there due to its location. If Gundy went to a larger school in a location that was more urban he well might. He’s a good coach.
This is a fact. The smaller college towns (Stillwater, Manhattan, Ames) are going to play hell getting 5 star recruits to commit there. Goes for Lubbock, too.

Now, as for OU and recruiting, they have traditionally done a fantastic job. But the last National Championship they won was with Bob Stoops as the HC - and he did it with mostly John Blake's recruits, if I have it right. As good as he was/is, I don't believe he ever made it back with all of his own recruits. And OU has had some incredible classes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom