When will winter begin?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All you people that want winter, MOVE north. You can have all the winter you want and more. I went through grade school in Minot ND and when we left, I swore I’d never be that cold again.

Not ND, but I grew up in eastern Ohio, where we got precipitation off Lake Erie in the form of snow. It was common to have snow on the ground before Thanksgiving, and it generally lingered until April. In between, we’d measure snowfall in feet rather than inches. When I moved to OK and saw how little snow there was here in comparison, I thought I had arrived in Paradise ;)

Having said that, I do miss the summers in Ohio. Highs in August in the 80s, nighttime lows around 60.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All you people that want winter, MOVE north. You can have all the winter you want and more. I went through grade school in Minot ND and when we left, I swore I’d never be that cold again.

Lmao! I felt that way about Kansas! :rotflmao: But I have had it with the flies. :fullauto:

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not ND, but I grew up in eastern Ohio, where we got precipitation off Lake Erie in the form of snow. It was common to have snow on the ground before Thanksgiving, and it generally lingered until April. In between, we’d measure snowfall in feet rather than inches. When I moved to OK and saw how little snow there was here in comparison, I thought I had arrived in Paradise ;)

Having said that, I do miss the summers in Ohio. Highs in August in the 80s, nighttime lows around 60.

My dad was in the Air Force when we were there. The snow used to drift and pile up so deep that you could walk over the outside perimeter fences. It was a chain link fence about 8ft tall with three strands of barbed wire on top.

Latest posts

Top Bottom