When your landlord is a jackwagon...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
With interest rates what they are and the fact you’re going to co-sign for them, I would look at purchasing a home and letting them make the payments and use it as a future investment property when they no longer need it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With interest rates what they are and the fact you’re going to co-sign for them, I would look at purchasing a home and letting them make the payments and use it as a future investment property when they no longer need it.
That's what our friends did. They put two daughters, and a couple of grandkids through college at OSU.
Bought a house for them to live in, and sold it late last year, making a tidy profit.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, no, not going to buy a home. For one thing I just decided tonight I'm quitting my job, so I am going back on the market, going to have to tighten the belt a little bit for a while. Oh well.

They ended up getting a house on their own merits we didn't have to co-sign for them. We still paid out the nose, up to about $4k now in expenses, but hopefully they'll get jobs soon and will be able to support themselves. But I'm not going to be making any new major purchases anytime soon. Guess I'll be stuck in my 40-year old plain old house a few more years.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to hear your leaving your job. BUT, I've changed jobs in the past and its always worked out for the better....except for that one little 5 year period that was a setback.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear your leaving your job. BUT, I've changed jobs in the past and its always worked out for the better....except for that one little 5 year period that was a setback.

Yeah.... I am just getting back to turned around after the last 5 month hiatus. But... I have some time to make a plan this time, and I'm not going to be so far behind, hopefully. Just can't deal with some of the BS anymore, and without someone who will back me, it's time to move on.

50% paycut, here I come! lol

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's about what happened to me. Probably a 40% pay cut and loss of a couple years of 401K then three years of poor performing 401K, but in the end, it all worked out for the best. Getting out from under that heavy hand of poor leadership in the past job was worth the setback.
I've never lived beyond my pay scale, preferring to live under it for times just like that. We coasted right on through it although the savings got tapped a little more than we preferred.

Latest posts

Top Bottom