Where are my MARINE brothers? SOUND OFF!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just saw this thread, so here goes:

December 1987, MCRD San Diego plt. 3123
1988 spent a few weeks at Ft. Sill for my 0844 Field Artillery Fire Control school
1988-1993 Btry F, 2/14 (OKC reserve unit)
1991 - Desert Storm, where I got my CAR, also of note our unit received a MUC for being all totally badass and firing 1 ZILLION shells at the Iraqi Republican Guard.

Also got the SWA service (x3 for Desert Shield, Desert Storm, and Desert Wait Around), and Kuwaiti liberation awards, etc. Had the distinct "privilege" of being appointed a rear battery security machine gun team leader in addition to my duties as a primary computerman for the battery (which seemed to involve lots of digging more than anything else), but hey, that's how we roll in the Corps, right? :D

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I just wanna say a few of the MarDet boys bailed me out of a jam in Rio one night. After that nite the MarDet came to me for medical problems. Usually for dramamine cause they were seasick ON A CARRIER.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just wanna say a few of the MarDet boys bailed me out of a jam in Rio one night. After that nite the MarDet came to me for medical problems. Usually for dramamine cause they were seasick ON A CARRIER.

LOL. Hey them boats are wobbly!

I enjoyed every minute of my time on board the big gray limousines though.

There is NOTHING like being catered 3 hot meals of powdered eggs every day, weightlifting in a tilting room, suntanning underneath the antenna arrary, and being chauffeured to exotic, beautiful locations where the greeting party shoots at you.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MCRD San Diego 1995
1st SRIG ISMO 1996 - 1997
1st Force Recon Co 1997 - 1999

I has a blast and wouldn't have traded the experience for the world. I still miss it, but had to move on to take care of my family.

SEMPER FI!!!!

xrd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, and then some... Army 2 years, USMC 10 years, USAF Reserve 8 years. RETIRED!

i148.photobucket.com_albums_s20_xrd_1500_abc9f313.jpg

Last edited:
E

Echo4Whiskey

San Diego 1998. Weekend warrior for six years. Deployed to horn of Africa for OEF in 03. EAS in 04. Damn I miss it should have stated in an gone active

E

eggs0321

Joined after HS in Aug of 2008, went to MCRD West.
MOS: 0321 - Reconnaissance Man
1st Recon Battalion
Sergeant
Deployed to Afghanistan May-Dec. 2010, Nov-present 2011/2012.
Team radio operator and DM on my first tour, currently an assistant team leader and DM.

My unit had a couple of neat distinctions in that we did the longest duration foot mobile operation since Gulf War 1, and we expended more ordnance than any other unit in Afghanistan, period. That was back in 2010. Lt. Gen. Mattis (USCENTCOM Commander) called us the most lethal unit in Afghanistan.

Currently on my last three months in country and very eagerly awaiting my EAS and attending OSU in the fall.

Latest posts

Top Bottom