Where is the best place to buy tires in the Yukon/OKC area?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay all you Hibdon bashers, I went to their website couple days ago and printed off a quote on a set of 4 new Falken tires; called Hibdon's in Yukon and made an appointment, went in this morning and they didn't have 4 of the ones I had selected in the store, which was a buy 3-get-1-free deal. The guy said that they had two more of them at the Edmond store and he could either get them for me later today, or they would put on a set of Yokohamas which were $35 more per tire at the same price as the el cheapo Falkens I had the coupon for. I think that was a prety good deal. I was gonna be a cheapskate and put a crappy set of Falkens on that were 40,000 milers and I drove away on a new set of Yokohama 65,000 milers at the el cheapo price. How ya like them apples?

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2 weeks ago I had a huge bubble show up on my drivers front tire. I was directly in front of WalMart in Mustang. I went in there, they had the correct replacement, I bought it. I went back there today to get the other 3 replaced. They only had 2 tires. I said that was cool and I would pay for 3, they could order one and then I would have them put on one day next week. I could see smoke coming out of the counter persons ears. We can't do that she said. I asked how I was supposed to get 3 tires without going all over town, she said I would have to go to a different WalMart.

I went to Discount Tire in Yukon and had them install 3 tires for 651.00. No problem. They will even cover the road hazard on the one tire from WalMart.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't see anything on their store locator, I hope you're right. I just put a couple cooper tires on my truck and saw that with Discount I could have got a better price. Cecil's will have to price match in the future or I'll go to Discount.

I think its under construction, I'm not sure when its supposed to open. The story that I've heard is that the owners of Discount Tires and Hibdons had an agreement that they wouldn't compete for the same market. Supposedly, that's all changed when Hibdons was sold to new owners.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if you have the time and patience to dig on Craigslist. New factory take offs come up regularly. folks that get aftermarket wheels/tires. then need to sell their brand new tires with factory aluminum mags.

most times they can be purchased for less than cost of new tires alone. then sell your old set of wheels to recoup some costs back. even if your old tires are worn out, if you have aluminum mags, some one will want em.

net costs will be a fraction of new tires alone ... plus you've upgraded to latest aluminum mags too. just upgraded to a set of 2012 Dodge 2500 8 lug aluminum mags with Michelin tires with no miles for $750. then turned around and sold my old set with 80% rubber (Michelin) for $550 including 2006 factory aluminum rims. since rims were worth $375 without tires and had an easy 40k miles remaining... buyer was real happy.

final costs was $200 to upgrade to latest Dodge factory 8 lug aluminum wheels with new Michelin 275x65Rx17 E rated tires. everyone ended up happy, especially me...

Latest posts

Top Bottom