which 1911 22LR have you tried??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhollie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
recently got a rock island 22LR from Centerfire.... $399.00 havent picked it up yet... seems like everyone likes this brand and this is my first 1911 so i thought it would be good to practice with...(getting a .45 or 9mm later)

wondering if anyone else has one of these or if youve tried the colt or any other brands... specific to 1911 style 22s
thanks

Last edited:
P

point and laugh

Haven't had a Rock Island. I've tried the Colt and the Chiappa. The Colt was acceptable, the Chiappa was a piece of crap. I love my GSG.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a chiappa 1911-22 and it's been great. I think I paid around 250 for it from a place in okc. I think it's called big boys guns or something to that effect. It is kind of picky on ammo, but it likes the federal bulk so I can't complain too much at least it likes the cheap stuff.

P

point and laugh

My Chiappa fed ok after some polishing, but the slide didn't seem to fit right. It was a fair deal for the money but I sold it and got the gsg. It feels like a 1911 the Chiappa didn't. Most parts on the gsg interchange with other 1911's too so playing with different triggers msh's etc is easier. No feed problems ever with the gsg. It was more expensive, especially the magazines, but I think it was worth it.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Systema Colt pistol I bought a couple of years ago. The barrel was shot out and the replacement barrel was just that, a drop in barrel. I bought a Kimber .22 kit from H&H and put it on the 1911, reduced the trigger pull to about 2 or 3 pounds. Now I have a really good 1911 style .22 pistol.
I I wanted to I could go back to .45 acp by reinstalling the old upper and redoing the trigger.

Latest posts

Top Bottom