Which 223/556

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's good out there at big box stores. I have stock piled some of the Winchester white box and ppu, I didn't see any of those at academy all I really saw were the black American eagle stuff.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yap American Eagle is good!!!!! Won't touch Monarch, seen too much of it being bad.
I have shot plenty of monarch and Tula and wolf. Never had one malfunction with any of them. I think a lot of people just assume they are bad because of the negativity that some people put out. Kinda like saying that laquer builds up on the gun. That is a lie. They don't use laquer to coat the cases anymore. But like any ammo, they can have duds.

djcorrell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
American eagle is top notch, for cheap stuff. PMC has been great too for cheap stuff. Want better, pay more, or reload. Depends on how you shoot and what you expect from the ammo. I haven't seen steel case shoot MOA. That may be just me.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't plan on putting steel cased in this gun. I picked up some American eagle .233 this weekend, i also have a stash of the ppu 5.56.

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have shot plenty of monarch and Tula and wolf. Never had one malfunction with any of them. I think a lot of people just assume they are bad because of the negativity that some people put out. Kinda like saying that laquer builds up on the gun. That is a lie. They don't use laquer to coat the cases anymore. But like any ammo, they can have duds.

Same here, no malfunctions to report from any of those brands.

Latest posts

Top Bottom