which is better choice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just take a big knife and jump on their back...lol...I actually have a friend that is a hog hunting fanatic and thats what he wants to try....he does use a 7 mag for hogs

bilboben

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use a 223 all the time for hogs and have yet to make the perfect shot for "one shot drop". One shot slows them down alot, but a couple of more is needed, espacially big hogs(200-300 lbs). I do not have a 7mm but my 30-30 and 308 both have made one shot drops on pigs of all sizes.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
223 shoot them in the ear does wonders but with a 7mm pretty much anyplace that has some sort of vital organs so if your a dang good shot go with the 223 if your so so I'd opt for the 7mm if those are your only 2 choices. Later,

Kirk

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Either the 7mm or the 7mm-08 should do fine, but with the 08 I would use a premium bullet just to seal the deal. Anything the 7mm puts out there should knock any hog base over apex. Sometimes I use my .375 H&H, though it is just a little overkill. They roll like jackrabbits.

.223 in the ear is instant drop. As others have said, not so much with shoulder shots. Be kind. Use enough gun. CB

Latest posts

Top Bottom