Which obscure handgun round would you like to see catch on?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Winchester claims their 9X23 ammo to get 1450fps out of a 5" barrel with a 125gr silvertip.

They claim 38 super+P to get 1250fps with a 125gr bullet, also with a 5" barrel. They make 9mm that's a heap hotter than that.

I'm sure someone loads hotter 38 super, but as far as I know, the 9X23 is the closest thing to 357 mag performance you can get in an autoloader shooting factory ammo (excluding the pistols that chamber 357 mag). And you can have it in an easily concealable 1911.

I wish more pistol makers would chamber it and more ammo companies would load it.

OicnaiC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd love to see production go up and prices drop for 41Mag. I also thought 45GAP was a cool idea. Similar line of thinking as the development of .40S&W, Wanting a bigger projectile from a smaller frame gun.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably doesn't rate as obscure but I wish the 10mm was better supported. Double Tap is the only ones even trying to get max velocity out of these round. I wish the big guys like Remington, Federal, etc would quit playing around with megga-reduced loads and put some real smoke behind some 150 to 165 grain loadings. Love to see Hornady put out some of their new pointed polymer tipped bullets. And for the love of pete, somebody please put out a semi-auto carbine in this great round. It'd be a match made in heaven with the aforementioned hornady bullets. You'd have .41 to .44 mag energy and velocity out of a carbine with hot loaded streamlined bullets. I was really hoping MSAR would come through with their AUG replica but it doesn't look like it will happen. OK, dream time over.

Latest posts

Top Bottom