Which part of the state?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sampson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2fab629c85b9816767f6f0556bc31dcb.jpg

Hunting your land that has cows on it can be a good thing..;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Coach,
Did you find some land? If so you need to start a property thread with lots of pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No I’m not sure I want to yet. May just get a lease. I can’t afford what I want to buy and don’t want to settle for just 40 acres or so. 1k acres ain’t in my Oklahoma school teacher budget. Like my wife says “I have champagne taste with a beer budget.”

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No I’m not sure I want to yet. May just get a lease. I can’t afford what I want to buy and don’t want to settle for just 40 acres or so. 1k acres ain’t in my Oklahoma school teacher budget. Like my wife says “I have champagne taste with a beer budget.”
Lol, reminds me of lyrics from an old Donna Fargo tune ("Society's Got Us"):

"We got champagne taste and a beer pocketbook, and it’s all we can do to get by." :D

Luck. :drunk2:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Coach,
Buying land is HUGE decision and commitment, so I strongly advise not rushing into it. It’s a regular occurrence on another board of guys buying hunting land and then having to dump it within a couple years, because they really couldn’t afford it in the first place.

It sounds like you’re looking at the decision realistically, so I’m sure you’re going to make the right one.:thumb:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have seen HUGE bucks on lexington WMA and Robbers cave WMA and killed a nice 10 point at Love Valley WMA.
Yes Thunderbird and Eufaula have nice ones also and All that core land in Oklahoma is sometimes easy to hunt.
More acres than you can walk for free.

If I get another acerage it will not be just hunting but it must have good soil for veggies and good water and legal to shoot guns on.
Some stuff is in city limits and Bow only. Must check it all.
I have been hunting public land over 35 years. Keeps the freezer full of deer and other critters.

Latest posts

Top Bottom