Which side of my bench?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This weekend I built my reloading bench in anticipation of the arrival of my Dillon 550. Which side of my bench should I place it on? I am right handed and I plan on standing when I reload. TIA

[Broken External Image]

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I ever get a bench I am putting mine on the right side, I think.

That is a nice bench, Is that one of the kits from lowes?

hk33

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a 550. I would put it on the right side. (as you are looking at the bench). But not al the way to the right. You will want some space to the right of the loader.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd mount it above that tumbler box so you still have some room to set a few tools down on the right hand side. My bench is about the same size and that is how my 550 is setup.

You should put some pegboard on that wall there behind the bench so you can hang some of your tools within hands reach.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine is going on the right side of the bench I just posted in the photo section. I am adding a shelf to the right side so I can set a ammo can and building a chute out of sheet metal to replace the dillon "completed" ammo tray.

Just remember whats going to feel comfy. If you are going to be pulling brass out of a container, might want to leave yourself some room just to the right of the press for the brass. Know what I mean? Of course if you have an autofeeder, not an issue.

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got the 550 mounted on the end of my bench with roof for bullets and cases on each side. this arrangement allows full use of the bench. this has been working nicely.

ai249.photobucket.com_albums_gg202_rustyzx9_55ffa9de.jpg

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How can you find anything on that bench. It's so clean and organized.
Oh and you'll need two more just like it for all the stuff you're going to get.......

jes kiddin'
Nice looking set-up.
I remember my first bench.
It looked nice like that for about a month.

Latest posts

Top Bottom