Who Defends Our Right to Free Speech?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
These two statements are not analogous. In the former , any reasonable person would respond by trying to flee the perceived threat. In the latter, No reasonable person would kill or maim in response to a clearly non life threatening event.

hmm, in the former you are somewhat correct, in the latter i am clearly asking a open ended question, not a statement.

If you would rather split hairs and discuss analogous statements and what is a reasonable analogy and what a reasonable culture is or how reasonable people will or will not act, in responce to a subjectivly clear non or life threating act or action, then start a thread and ill debate you.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
^ This. The individuals doing the rioting/maiming/murdering are responsible for their own actions. "He made fun of me on the internet" is not an excuse for murder.

who bears responcibility, the rioters or those who incite the riot? If he made fun, and people die as a result, is he not responcible for his actions? The right to free speech come with responcibilities and accountabilities, just like other rights.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Today in this country we instead have attempted to intimidate the filmmaker by bringing him in for police questioning.

I totally agree with you on all this, I was just wondering what charges they would bring up to be able to detain him for questioning? From my understanding the filmmaker didn't break any laws, but I don't know. Sounds like an illegal search and seizure(?) on top of everything else. And you're right, free speech is free speech, even if we don't agree with the message.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
who bears responcibility, the rioters or those who incite the riot? If he made fun, and people die as a result, is he not responcible for his actions? The right to free speech come with responcibilities and accountabilities, just like other rights.

The difference here is that the definition incite and insult are different. Insulting someone is not the same as inciting someone.

For example. Mr. Sharif incited a riot (allegedly)
(Reuters) - A Kenyan Muslim cleric accused by Washington of supporting al Qaeda-linked militants in Somalia was charged on Monday with inciting violent protests that rocked the port city of Mombasa last week.
Abubaker Sharif allegedly urged protesters to burn down churches and kill police officers in Kenya's second-biggest city during riots that killed five people, including three police.

Whereas the douche who made the movie insulted people.

DA 20

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just heard on the noon news that Obama is now admitting that it was a terrorist attack. Movie didn't cause the attack. Looks like Romney may have aimed before he shot. Edited because I can' spell.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just heard on the noon news that Obama is now admitting that it was a terrorist attack. Movie didn't cause the attack. Looks like Romney may have aimed before he shot. Edited because I can' spell.

As a wise man often says "it's all part of the plan."

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
re·spon·si·ble/riˈspänsəbəl/
Adjective:
1.Having an obligation to do something as part of a job or role.
2.Being the primary cause of something and so able to be blamed or credited for it.

Just because somebody says something or makes a movie that offends you , or what you believe to be God. Does Not give you any rights to kill or harm in that name....It's Bu!!sh!x !!!!!
Now continue on....... and find the "real" reason this happened

CompIllitR8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I look at it like this:

If you walk into a badass biker bar and yell "poosies ride harleys" you're gonna get an azz whoopin.
You may have a 1a right to yell that but you only have yourself to blame for your own stoopidity.

I think this is more of a paralell-
You walk into a badass biker bar and yell "poosies ride harleys", then, at some later date, the bikers kill a few "evil" non-biker types and say it's because you insulted them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom