Who is going to their GOP County precinct meetings tomorrow night?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The platform is whatever the precinct committeemen say it is. It can be as little, or as much as needed. All power is at the precinct.

I have a question, what if any power would precinct leaders have to prevent the fiasco at last years state convention if state leaders don't agree with them or like what they put forward? Can precinct people make state leaders follow the rules?

From early in the day, old guard Republicans refused to conduct the official meeting according to established Republican Party rules. Party officials adjourned the convention without concluding scheduled party business and without the support of the delegates in attendance. Under parliamentary procedure, the chairman presiding over the meeting is present to keep order as opposed to leading the meeting according to a personal agenda.

http://www.policymic.com/articles/8...omney-at-oklahoma-republican-state-convention

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a question, what if any power would precinct leaders have to prevent the fiasco at last years state convention if state leaders don't agree with them or like what they put forward? Can precinct people make state leaders follow the rules?

From early in the day, old guard Republicans refused to conduct the official meeting according to established Republican Party rules. Party officials adjourned the convention without concluding scheduled party business and without the support of the delegates in attendance. Under parliamentary procedure, the chairman presiding over the meeting is present to keep order as opposed to leading the meeting according to a personal agenda.

http://www.policymic.com/articles/8...omney-at-oklahoma-republican-state-convention

Very simply, the numbers. We've got to have the numbers. Find out who is on your committees, form committees hold every elected official accountable you can.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Outstanding, and congratulations Mr. Chairman and Madame Vice Chairman. This is where it all happens. Didn't it make you sick seeing all those empty chairs?

I hope you put down some good platform planks for the GOP. If not, please amend your GOP Precinct meeting to include the planks as your precinct sees fit. Also, please try to keep in touch with your fellow precinct committeemen within your House District. Be sure they also put in plenty of precinct Republican party platform planks, as they see fit too.

Muskogee county had a very complete platform. I'm on the platform committee, so I will be taking some time to review it more completely.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I told one of my friends about this and he found out that his precinct does not have a chairman. I think he's gonna try and get the spot.....or already did.

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The Precinct Chairman is the supreme authority for the GOP. Precinct Committees set the platform and elect officers of the Oklahoma. Most Oklahoma GOP precincts are vacant. Every liberty-loving Oklahoman ought to be his/her precinct Committeemen and fill thousands of vacant seats in support of the Constitution, ours to claim and be represented.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Precinct Chairman is the supreme authority for the GOP. Precinct Committees set the platform and elect officers of the Oklahoma. Most Oklahoma GOP precincts are vacant. Every liberty-loving Oklahoman ought to be his/her precinct Committeemen and fill thousands of vacant seats in support of the Constitution, ours to claim and be represented.

Most of the Grady County precincts were open last year and Paul supporters got them and I think it happened elsewhere but nobody could stop the rule breaking and shut down of the convention when the party bosses ordered it.
I agree with your intentions of changing the party from within, just not completely optimistic it will work any better than the Paul supporters if the party leaders don't want it to.

Latest posts

Top Bottom