Who on this forum where born in California?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlocknRoll

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Born and raised in the LA area, left when I was 35. Moved to Oklahoma in 1996, never been back and so thankful that I was able to get my family out of that rat race! I'll take a two lane country road anyday over Commifornia.

Keyser328

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, a lot of guys from the same area.

Born and raised in Napa, CA, roughly 55 miles north of San Fran. Great place to be from, as it was 20+ years ago. It's an f'in yuppie hellhole now (I'm slightly disgruntled, can't you tell?). My grandfather was born there in '38, and still lives there half the year, generally spending his summers in Alaska.

I left in '97. My folks left a few years later after they retired.

Every time I go visit family, I see how much worse it's gotten. It's sad, since the area is beautiful, if it weren't for the non-"salt of the earth" natives.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Petaluma CA

I have been to Petaluma many times, on my way to the Russian River.

Morgan Hill, Ca.

I have a cabin on Little Uvas Creek that I go to in the summers, I used to enjoy fishing at Chesburo dam.

Santa Cruz until 1998

When I was in high school I would spend most of my summers surfing at Santa Cruz, North of the pier, of course I was a lighter person in those days. And the surf boards were bigger than they are now.

My parents were living in Daly City (a few blocks from The Cow Palace) when I was, ahem......conceived. My dad got out of the Navy and they returned to Oklahoma shortly before I was born. I always joke that being conceived in San Francisco during the "Summer of Love", I'm really a hippy at heart! :cool:

I remember going to many concerts at the Cow Palace, and Filmore West. I liked the stylings of Jimi Hendrix.

Wow, a lot of guys from the same area.

Born and raised in Napa, CA, roughly 55 miles north of San Fran. Great place to be from, as it was 20+ years ago. It's an f'in yuppie hellhole now (I'm slightly disgruntled, can't you tell?). My grandfather was born there in '38, and still lives there half the year, generally spending his summers in Alaska.
I left in '97. My folks left a few years later after they retired.
Every time I go visit family, I see how much worse it's gotten. It's sad, since the area is beautiful, if it weren't for the non-"salt of the earth" natives.

I still have friends that live in Sonoma, 'the valley of the moon'. I rode my motorcycle through Napa many times. The thing I remember about Napa, and Sonoma was like you said all the hippies, that wore no bras and wore see through shirts. Those were the days.

I was born in San Josa, lived part of my life in Palo Alto, Red Wood City, and Morgan Hill. I was very happy living in California, at that time they did not have any restrictive gun laws they do today. I surfed in the summer time, and would Snow Skii in the winter, I spent alot of time on the slopes at Squaw Valley.

Latest posts

Top Bottom