• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

California Trimmer w/smooth or ribbed roller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I’m looking to trade for a California reel trimmer. Anyone have one they want to part with? I’ve upped my yard game, and I need to upgrade.
F0AD5011-EBA2-495D-955B-CB89B70FD02D.jpeg

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Rating - 98.7%
77   1   0
I’m looking to trade for a California reel trimmer. Anyone have one they want to part with? I’ve upped my yard game, and I need to upgrade.View attachment 405585

Did you check Craigslist? I thought I saw one on the OKC section the other day.

Do you have another reel mower you’re looking to get rid of? I’m looking to get into one. I have Bermuda in my back yard I want to cut down to 1/2” tall.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Did you check Craigslist? I thought I saw one on the OKC section the other day.

Do you have another reel mower you’re looking to get rid of? I’m looking to get into one. I have Bermuda in my back yard I want to cut down to 1/2” tall.
Yea, CL and marketplace. This will be my first, I just know I’m going to use it a lot. I might as well save a little and buy new for what people want for a roughed up used one.

I’ll be down to 5/8 by summer, hopefully. I’m at 1-1/8-1-1/2 right now with a rotary Honda. It’s a rough cut. I’ll be sand leveling in spring to help prep for the reel mower.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Rating - 98.7%
77   1   0
Yea, CL and marketplace. This will be my first, I just know I’m going to use it a lot. I might as well save a little and buy new for what people want for a roughed up used one.

I’ll be down to 5/8 by summer, hopefully. I’m at 1-1/8-1-1/2 right now with a rotary Honda. It’s a rough cut. I’ll be sand leveling in spring to help prep for the reel mower.

I really want to get a Swardman just because of this reason,

IMG_1314.jpeg

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I have a reel mower with Honda engine and a galvanized bucket on the front the grass gets tossed in while it is mowing.
I do not know if it has a roller on it.
I will go look. I never use it and thought I may one day just use the engine for something.
It fires right up.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I had no idea what a "California trimmer" was until this thread and I used to mow yards for a job.
I have one in my shed I got in trade.

Yea a couple yellow stickers on it that say TRIMMER and made in Gardenia? Cal.
Mine does not have the optional roller you want.
I have the "Home" model and read it was made from 1968 to 2004 and my blade is rusty/dusty looking
not pretty red painted like ones I see.
I do have a flat very wide roller in my yard that came off my simplicity riding mower you could probably make work on a reel mower though pretty easily.
You are welcome to the roller if you want it for free.

https://www.facebook.com/CaliforniaTrimmer/
https://caltrimmer.com/rl20h-20-classic-reel-mower/

Bidenisabum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Check out reel rollers. They are a CT dealer and also just introduced their new reel mower. It does appear to be a better mousetrap.I love my 20” CT but will eventually replace it and the new 26” from RR is top contender

Latest posts

Top Bottom