Who says blackpowder won't shoot straight!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
H&R Buffalo Classic, .45-70, 55 grains of Goex 3f under a 476 grain cast bullet, 100 yards:

[Broken External Image]

Admittedly, I used a scope. No way I could do that with iron sights.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You might surprise yourself about what you could do with a good set of iron sights.
Picture 009S.jpg

Michael

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pulp, you barely nicked the card with one bullet. :D

Just kidding... great shooting and looks like you've found the sweet spot!

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Pulp:
Do you prefer the 3f over the 2f or have you tried the 2f? I have thought about giving the 3f a try in my 40-65 if it gives better fouling control. I have been using 2f as that is what I have on had for my 45-90. I could split my next order if the 3f would be better for the 40.

Michael

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm going to just have to try BP in my 1874 45-70 sometime. I've run several pounds of 3031 in two different pedersolies over the years, but have never tried the BP. My original intent when I first got them was to shoot paper patched and Elephant BP. A guy I know shoots these thru his Ballard and it's amazingly accurate. Just happend to try the 3031 and it's super accurate, just never looked at the BP after that. Nice shooting Pulp.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pulp:
Do you prefer the 3f over the 2f or have you tried the 2f? I have thought about giving the 3f a try in my 40-65 if it gives better fouling control. I have been using 2f as that is what I have on had for my 45-90. I could split my next order if the 3f would be better for the 40.

Michael

Actually 2f is supposed to work better than 3f. You can get more compression when seating the bullet. I've been using 3f because that's all I have right now.

WFT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
H&R Buffalo Classic, .45-70, 55 grains of Goex 3f under a 476 grain cast bullet, 100 yards:

Scope with black powder!! Isn't that sacriligious or listed as a sin in the Bible??? Is good shootin though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom