Who will apply for work at Tesla in Tulsa?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is how Windows95 was born and OS/2, which eventually turned out to be a fine OS, failed.
Something happens at large organizations that impedes innovation and gives smaller companies room to exploit opportunity earlier.
It was Windows NT, not 95. I still remember IBM's "Nice Try" ads that they ran in the trade rags.

And, ironically enough, NT was the one that started at IBM, while OS/2 started at Microsoft.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was Windows NT, not 95. I still remember IBM's "Nice Try" ads that they ran in the trade rags.

And, ironically enough, NT was the one that started at IBM, while OS/2 started at Microsoft.

Nope.

https://arstechnica.com/information...rating-system-the-triumph-and-tragedy-of-os2/

NT 3.5 did eventually become the first fully 32bit MS OS with API similar to OS/2(sometimes identical) but NT wouldn't run on most consumer level computers of the time.
MS released Win95 as a mixed 16/32 bit product to grab market share in the meantime.

Last edited:

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Elon was in Tulsa on Friday and sounds like he toured some property east of Catoosa for the prospective new plant. I’m thinking it may be closer to Inola and maybe where the new paper plant is on the old Blackfox property, but who knows. The port purchased a bunch of property near where I’m talking about and that would be perfect for barge transport to the coast.

Latest posts

Top Bottom