Who's The Smallest Government Spender Since Ike? Would You Believe It's Barack Obama?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The answer is that these numbers are smoke and mirrors ...

That was kinda the point I was trying to make when I posted the article.

Dems say "Hey! Our President has has the lowest rate of increase in 50+ years, so we're going to champion that as frugality!" The GOP cheers "Our toilet of an economy has generated such little revenue, we'll crucify the Executive for horrid deficits even though he hasn't increased spending all that much (partly because we won't even pass his budget)!"

So while it all has to be taken with a grain of salt, facts showing fault on both sides of political spectrum can be found.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back to the spending debate, I should also mention that real spending has gone up 27% during Obama's term.

If we had a booming economy, with high interest rates, then annual inflation would likely outpace annual budgetary increases, and the nominal spending increases would outpace real spending increases.

It'd be like 1997 Clinton all over again.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone who believes in the existence of the Higgs boson is a tool of the NWO.

ChemTrails = Truth
Birtherism = Truth

Higgs Boson = Marxist sympathizer who trusts scientific intellectuals aiming to topple American exceptionalism.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
High under- and unemployment
Record high deficit
Continued high gas prices

Obama will lose based on those 3 principles if we can stay focused on them.

But he whipped Bin Laden's ass.

www.gifsoup.com_view_73817_barber_shop_o.gif

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That was kinda the point I was trying to make when I posted the article.

Dems say "Hey! Our President has has the lowest rate of increase in 50+ years, so we're going to champion that as frugality!" The GOP cheers "Our toilet of an economy has generated such little revenue, we'll crucify the Executive for horrid deficits even though he hasn't increased spending all that much (partly because we won't even pass his budget)!"

Neither will the Dems. He has not gotten but 1 or 2 Democrats in congress to vote for bringing his budgets to the floor, and when the Dems controlled both houses of congress, they would not pass his budgets either.

So while it all has to be taken with a grain of salt, facts showing fault on both sides of political spectrum can be found.

This I can agree with.

A pretty good read.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2012/05/barack-obama-fiscal-conservative.php

OKC03Cobra

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This has been making the rounds for a while now. With all the talk about the rising defecit, it's an interesting look to see what the actual spending has done, not just defects compared to tax collections. I know not all - perhaps even little - of this is attributable to the president, or even the current congress (when was the last time we passed a budget), but it is interesting nonetheless

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickung...isenhower-would-you-believe-its-barack-obama/

Nice try, comrade, but read on:

FACT CHECK: Obama off on Thrifty Spending Claim

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wire...g-claim-16434214?singlePage=true#.T8BcRsWwXi4

Not only is 0bama a pathological liar, he is also a malignant narcissist and arrogant Stalinist thug whose sole purpose in life is to destroy this country.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here are the no BS numbers.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

And now the 800 pound gorilla that is beginning to exceed GDP.

[Broken External Image]

Which hasn't happened since WWII.

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom