Why buy the new iPhone 4S?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It looks just like the old one. How will I be able to show people that I'm better than them?

10-4-2011iphone4stop.jpg

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With the new one, you can just speak and it will type for you.

If that's a new feature on the iPhone, it just shows how far it stays behind the curve...

Answer: Using proper grammar is a good start

I used proper grammar. "[T]hem" refers to the object that I am better than. The use of "they are" is also correct, but unnecessary and poor structure since the object can be referred to properly with a single pronoun rather than a clause.

Hitokiri03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If that's a new feature on the iPhone, it just shows how far it stays behind the curve...

I used proper grammar. "[T]hem" refers to the object that I am better than. The use of "they are" is also correct, but unnecessary and poor structure since the object can be referred to properly with a single pronoun rather than a clause.

The structure of this sentence is as follows- "I (subject) am (verb 'to be') better (adjective) than (conjunction) them (object pronoun, which should not be here)." The real problem here is that the verb is "to be", not "to be better than". "To be" has no object, therefore does not use the object pronoun case in the arguments that follow. If there was such all encompassing verb as "to be better than", then we would use the object pronoun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom