Why buy the new iPhone 4S?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This sucks..... I have been LONG overdue for an upgrade and I wanted a new generation OR a signficantly cheaper Iphone 4.

Continue with the grammar dork fight.

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The structure of this sentence is as followed- "I (subject) am (verb 'to be') better (adjective) than (conjunction) them (object pronoun, which should not be here)." The real problem here is that the verb is "to be", not "to be better than". "To be" has no object, therefore does not use the object pronoun case in the arguments that follow. If there was such all encompassing verb as "to be better than", then we would use the object pronoun.

WHUT?:uhwhat:

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The structure of this sentence is as follows- "I (subject) am (verb 'to be') better (adjective) than (conjunction) them (object pronoun, which should not be here)." The real problem here is that the verb is "to be", not "to be better than". "To be" has no object, therefore does not use the object pronoun case in the arguments that follow. If there was such all encompassing verb as "to be better than", then we would use the object pronoun.

I think you meant to say..."I's mo gooder than they is!"

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The structure of this sentence is as follows- "I (subject) am (verb 'to be') better (adjective) than (conjunction) them (object pronoun, which should not be here)." The real problem here is that the verb is "to be", not "to be better than". "To be" has no object, therefore does not use the object pronoun case in the arguments that follow. If there was such all encompassing verb as "to be better than", then we would use the object pronoun.

Like much of English grammar, it depends on your school of thought.

College professors only teach their personal thoughts on grammar (for the most part). What one professor tells you is proper is not what another professor will tell you is proper. I had an English professor at SWOSU who did not use possessives, saying that the noun was presumed to be possessive in the context, even if there was little to no context that could possibly infer such a relationship.

Latest posts

Top Bottom