Why buy the new iPhone 4S?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For those concerned about the LTE version of an iPhone, the chip needed to do dual voice and LTE doesn't exist yet. The technology hasn't been advanced yet; the only way to get around it is to use two chips and since broadcom produces the LTE chip, it requires for the use of their snapdragon series of processors. Obviously apple isn't going to pass up the use of their A series chip (based on the ARM specs).

The timeline for the chip apple needs is for it to hit production in the 2nd quarter of 2012 which would be on par for the next refresh.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Absolutely no reason for Apple at all, in my opinion. Doesn't work with anything else, hard to manuever through......just sucks, like all their products. My wife likes their crap, that's the only reason for me to ever think about getting Apple stuff.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Absolutely no reason for Apple at all, in my opinion. Doesn't work with anything else, hard to manuever through......just sucks, like all their products. My wife likes their crap, that's the only reason for me to ever think about getting Apple stuff.

I don't know. I'm pretty let down with Android. Seems like every other app you get is buggy, and six months later an update will come along and actually then it will work properly. My Samsung phone is great but I'm not sold on the open source aspect of Android. If you are a techie and like to jack with this stuff, it's golden. But I just want my stuff to work when I need it. From all the Apple stuff I've seen, it does that.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doesn't work with anything else,

I think that may have been true back in the 90s? Modern Apple products run intel processors, AMD graphics, etc. Their computers run windows and their other products work with windows. I'm not sure how the "non-compatible" hogwash has been propagated for so long.

hard to manuever through

You're kidding right? My 53 year old mom figured out OS X in a few days and she's the least computer literate person I've ever met in my life.

......just sucks, like all their products

It would be easier to take the last part seriously if you'd listed some complaints backed by some credible evidence. Like shadow rider said, if you want a product that just works versus a product to jack with because you're a tech nerd, Apple is hard to beat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom