Why buy the new iPhone 4S?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, guess I'm willing to be labeled a peter puffer if it means I get a phone that actually works. I have a droid 2 and hate its guts. I have had a replacement sent and shortly thereafter it is doing the same **** as the first one. Can not wait to make the switch to iphone in Dec. It'll be nice to have a phone that actually works.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to LOL at people that dont know the difference between hardware and OS.

And this isnt directed at anyone in particular, but on the subject of iOS being easier... How much of an imbecile does one have to be to not understand android?

I wish people would drop the "want to be technical" reasons and just admit what they really like it. They prefer it (like someone preferes 1911's to Glocks) or cause they think it makes them cool (they want to be like that douche in starbucks working on his "novel").

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to LOL at people that dont know the difference between hardware and OS.

And this isnt directed at anyone in particular, but on the subject of iOS being easier... How much of an imbecile does one have to be to not understand android?

I wish people would drop the "want to be technical" reasons and just admit what they really like it. They prefer it (like someone preferes 1911's to Glocks) or cause they think it makes them cool (they want to be like that douche in starbucks working on his "novel").

I think my phone is a POS on both fronts. If it is in my pocket or hot there is a 50/50 chance I will be able to answer an incoming phone call. I figure that is most likely a hardware issue. Also, sometimes it will randomly shut itself down or becomes so laggy that I have to wait literally 20-30 seconds for the screen to unlock so I can use the damned thing. Then even when I get in and shuffle between screens, it takes forever to load each screen. I figure most of that blame lies with the software. I don't care. I just know I haven't heard of many iphone users ***** and moan like I have heard fellow android users ***** and moan like myself.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think my phone is a POS on both fronts. If it is in my pocket or hot there is a 50/50 chance I will be able to answer an incoming phone call. I figure that is most likely a hardware issue. Also, sometimes it will randomly shut itself down or becomes so laggy that I have to wait literally 20-30 seconds for the screen to unlock so I can use the damned thing. Then even when I get in and shuffle between screens, it takes forever to load each screen. I figure most of that blame lies with the software. I don't care. I just know I haven't heard of many iphone users ***** and moan like I have heard fellow android users ***** and moan like myself.

Thats hardware (lag, lock ups) unless you've been ROMing it. And sadly, because android is one OS on many different hardware platforms, you really gotta research the **** out which one you go with. I rarely get anything other than samsung with android on it. I just dont trust many of the other manufacturers.

JSPANIER

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So i've been watching this rant for days and it occurred to me that this had gone a bit off topic. Here is my attempt at redirection. I'm a road warrior. I drive about 30k per year. My biggest problem with productivity is drive time. I love the concept of Siri. It could completely revolutionize mobile phone accessibility and appears to be far ahead of its competition. Time will tell but the Siri app has the possibility of saving lives because people will be able to pay attention to the road. No more will those law breakers have to "text and drive". I love the concept in theory. We will see how it works in real life. Let the attacks begin. That is all!

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heres my main issues with iOS and android...

iOS:
Cant stand iTunes, would like to use something else. iTunes has to be one of the crappiest media programs out there.
Would like other options than apples hardware. Granted, their hardware isnt bad, but its not great.
Every new version takes forever for a JB to come out.
I think you need to blow a congressman or one of those crapeaters at the apple store to get an app approved on the store.

Android:
ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE MEDIA SUPPORT. NO MATTER WHAT, IT SOUNDS LIKE CRAP.
TOO MANY HARDWARE PROVIDERS (LIMIT IT DOWN, AND ONLY LET THOSE DOING IT RIGHT DO IT)
TOO MANY CRAP PROGRAMS IN MARKET (AppStore and Market are polar opposites. Need a happy medium.)

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love the concept of Siri. It could completely revolutionize mobile phone accessibility and appears to be far ahead of its competition. Time will tell but the Siri app has the possibility of saving lives because people will be able to pay attention to the road.

It's seriously creepy how people think everything is "revolutionary" when Apple finally gets around to implementing it. For recent examples, see Facetime, iCloud, and Siri.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, I'm going to do my due diligence and express my support for my new employer...Go buy the new iPhone 4S! If ya feel like supporting a fellow shooter you can tell them I referred you and there is some kind of reward points system for AT&T employee referrals. Just message me and I'll give you my employee ID, which is all you need. This applies to U-Verse and other AT&T products. I don't expect much out of this...just have to support my new employer.

Yeah! My 1000th post! Where's my cookie?!?

Souperphly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's seriously creepy how people think everything is "revolutionary" when Apple finally gets around to implementing it. For recent examples, see Facetime, iCloud, and Siri.

Indeed if ya like the idea of siri and just can't wait for it just go back in time a year and a half, pickup an android phone and download google voice if it's not already installed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom