Why I am against gay marriage.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because I knew this was going to happen. I do not care if you get married but no one has the right to force others to go against their religious beliefs.

The Idaho case involves Donald and Evelyn Knapp, both ordained ministers, who run Hitching Post Wedding Chapel. Officials from Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, told the couple that because the city has a non-discrimination statute that includes sexual orientation and gender identity, and because the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals struck down Idaho’s constitutional amendment defining marriage as the union of a man and a woman, the couple would have to officiate at same-sex weddings in their own chapel.

Up to 180 days in jail and $1000 a day in fines.

http://www.adfmedia.org/News/PRDetail/9364

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can't force an orthodox Jew Rabbi to perform a ceremony for a Catholic, Buddhist or Hindu couple, so why should one be able to force them to marry a pair of homosexuals? The simple answer is you can't, or rather shouldn't.

I don't care if they get married, it doesn't effect me, but when you start forcing people to officiate the same, that is where I draw the line. Find an ordained official that doesn't have a problem with it. Ridiculous.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They should just force them to close.

I imagine that is what will happen and I hope all the other churches in that town close in protest. That will have the city officials running for cover. This is why we have separation of church and state. The state can not tell churches what to do or churches tell the state.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can't force an orthodox Jew Rabbi to perform a ceremony for a Catholic, Buddhist or Hindu couple, so why should one be able to force them to marry a pair of homosexuals? The simple answer is you can't, or rather shouldn't.

I don't care if they get married, it doesn't effect me, but when you start forcing people to officiate the same, that is where I draw the line. Find an ordained official that doesn't have a problem with it. Ridiculous.

Agreed but I would extent that to anyone who's religious beliefs are against gay marriage. The baker, florist, photographer, etc. If you and your same sex partner walk into a bakery and they refuse to sell you cupcakes it is discrimination and you should be able to sue them, if you order a wedding cake you are forcing them to take part in your wedding against their beliefs.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Agreed but I would extent that to anyone who's religious beliefs are against gay marriage. The baker, florist, photographer, etc. If you and your same sex partner walk into a bakery and they refuse to sell you cupcakes it is discrimination and you should be able to sue them, if you order a wedding cake you are forcing them to take part in your wedding against their beliefs.

It's because there is nothing religious about the Hitching Post. It's not a "church", rather, just a business that makes a mockery of the religious aspect of marriage.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's because there is nothing religious about the Hitching Post. It's not a "church", rather, just a business that makes a mockery of the religious aspect of marriage.

Read the piece I linked. Two very religious people run it and religious runs through the wedding ceremonies they perform.

began operating the wedding chapel in 1989 as a ministry. They perform religious wedding ceremonies, which include references to God, the invocation of God’s blessing on the union, brief remarks drawn from the Bible designed to encourage the couple and help them to have a successful marriage, and more. They also provide each couple they marry with a CD that includes two sermons about marriage, and they recommend numerous Christian books on the subject. The Knapps charge a small fee for their services.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score

It happened earlier this year and the court ruled they must make the cake, so the owners decided to close shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom