Why I am against gay marriage.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with gay marriage and more of the fact that it's a business and an ordnance that they city passed. That's local governments deciding what's best for themselves. Something a majority of you cry about from time to time....

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And as I posted earlier, even if you call it a business and not a ministry, it is still wrong to make them go against their religious beliefs.

As I have said many times, I do not believe in organized religion but I will not impose my beliefs on those who do because it is just as wrong as people trying to force their religion on me. You can nitpick and spin all you want but that is exactly what is happening here. Religious people are being forced by the state to go against their beliefs pure and simple. And yes I hope the suit that was filed goes all the way to the supreme court and cost the city a ton of money, and that the ministry wins.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Don't know if this is the exact same thing, but the .gov said business' must provide birth control that causes the fetus to die. Hobby Lobby said they wouldn't based on their religious belief regardless that they're a business. The Supreme Court agreed. I don't really see this as being any different, but I'm sure some of you will.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
And as I posted earlier, even if you call it a business and not a ministry, it is still wrong to make them go against their religious beliefs.

As I have said many times, I do not believe in organized religion but I will not impose my beliefs on those who do because it is just as wrong as people trying to force their religion on me. You can nitpick and spin all you want but that is exactly what is happening here. Religious people are being forced by the state to go against their beliefs pure and simple. And yes I hope the suit that was filed goes all the way to the supreme court and cost the city a ton of money, and that the ministry wins.

Yes it is wrong to make ppl to go against their religious beliefs. It is more wrong for them to discriminate against the public. One outweighs the other in the big scheme of things. So too bad so sad. The world is bad enough without endorsing hate. Marry the gays or close the doors to the public.

snipes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I couldn't care less when we have ISIS, ebola, bad OU football and no bewbs on page one to worry about.

Big_McLargehuge

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Don't know if this is the exact same thing, but the .gov said business' must provide birth control that causes the fetus to die. Hobby Lobby said they wouldn't based on their religious belief regardless that they're a business. The Supreme Court agreed. I don't really see this as being any different, but I'm sure some of you will.

Minor side note: none of the BC on the list in the original HL case causes any fetus to die, it prevents conception. Further, many were provided by HL's insurance before Obamacare.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's just another instance of minority members of society wanting to forcing their personal agenda on the majority - nothing more and nothing less. If it were just a matter of two people wanting to be married they could simply go to a justice of the peace or whatever the equivalent is in that state.

But that's not what they want - no, they'd much rather desecrate the religious beliefs of others, and the law that supports that act is nothing more than blatant religious persecution. Of course, that's okay if the religion being persecuted is Christianity - we certainly wouldn't tolerate it if it was Islam. Hey, maybe they should just go to the nearest mosque and demand to be married instead.

What ever happened to the principle of "your rights end where the next fellow's nose begins"? All the crap about this right or the other trumping that other right or the other are crap, and it's leading us farther and farther down the road of no one having any rights at all because every one of them violates one of someone else's. Effing idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom