Why is cap gun ammo just like regular ammo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Noob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They sell them at my local TSC. You have a Tractor Supply near you?
Screenshot_20231030-211012_Brave.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a kid I was accident prone I guess? What ever I was doing I could find some way of getting hurt. I had gotten cap pistols for Christmas, and a box of caps. I was loading my guns, but couldn't get the roll of caps started to unroll, so I decided to use my teeth! BAD idea, I set the whole roll off in my mouth!!! Just one of many, stupid things I did, another just came to mind, besides having BB gun war games, I got to wondering what would happen if I pulled the trigger on my Red Rider lever action BB gun, with the lever open!! It SLAMS SHUT mashing the crap out of your fingers!!!!!!!!!! I grew up to be a city firefighter, and SAFETY MAN in a refinery!!

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had loads of fun with paper caps and cap guns and the small plastic ones were fun too. I really liked those, they were .177 Caliber and could be shot out of a pellet gun, strike a hard surface and go bang! My Dad and I were cleaning out the garage together one Saturday afternoon and there was a roll of paper caps on a shelf. He put it on the ground and with a large heavy iron spike set off the whole roll at once. Pretty loud, flames shot out around the spike. No injuries sustained, my Dad had an engineering degree and new the math involved. Before he detonated the roll kinetically my father gave me the "dad" warning that he didn't want to see me do the same thing...

Other things my Dad taught me to do with the proverbial warning, heal to toe peeling out at 4,000 RPM with a manual transmission and brake torquing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom