Why we can't have nice things

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keelty

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If I knew it was just mags I would have no problem but the rule is there because if you are topping off mags you are standing right there with the weapon too and you are just one brainfart away from a hot weapon with someone downrange.

That makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds about as bad as the range out by Banner Rd.

I was at a range in Garland, TX, today and it was so nice to be there with very strict safety rules. No touching guns, no loading mags, and everybody behind the line away from any weapons at all when the range is cold. Might seem over the top to some but nobody complains about it there and they are very safe. Multiple experienced range safety officers too.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So against my better judgement I went out to Red Castle this afternoon. I headed straight for the smallbore range and there is some guy banging away on the .22 silhouettes with a Beretta CX9, I don't know if it was a 9mm, 40 or 45. I looked around for the guy that did my orientation in January and did not find him, when I got back the guy was gone. I just shook my head.

I decide to go over to the pistol range and am waiting for a break in the shooting to post my targets and everyone stops shooting and before anyone calls the line cold some guy goes forward of the line. I just shook my head.

So I head over to the plinking range after that and there are two guys to my left that I am keeping one eye on the whole time, sure enough when the line is called cold and I go forward to set up some cans etc. When I turned around these 2 guys are thumbing rounds in magazines and handling various other equipment. I wasn't in the mood to shake my head anymore so I just came on home.

The majority of members are responsible shooters but it only takes one assclown to ruin it for everyone.

So, did you write down the guy with the cx9 car tag number??
it's your job to help police the rules.(see orientation handbook) 582-3922

I guess we could raise the dues to $500 a year so we could hire a half-dozen full time range officers.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i feel a lot better that when the line is cold, everyone behind the yellow line and no one handles any equipment.

handling mags is just step away from thinking, hey, i might as well put it in my gun and then hey, i might want to practice my grip, etc. and pretty soon guys are handling guns and you don't know if they are loaded or not.

i have seen this. not a good feeling when you are down range and guys are doing who knows what with their equipment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom