Wichita Mts Elk Hunt Permits REDUCED

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You better check your attitude at the door if you want to be taken seriously around this forum..!

Yeah............ 10-4.

My head is out of my rear bud. I personally won't sit back and listen when somebody "reporting" hear say and have nothing to back it with. You made the Odwc sound worthless in your original post. You attempted to fix that in your last post. Let the people that run this site decide when my "attitude" is out of line

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah............ 10-4.

My head is out of my rear bud. I personally won't sit back and listen when somebody "reporting" hear say and have nothing to back it with. You made the Odwc sound worthless in your original post. You attempted to fix that in your last post. Let the people that run this site decide when my "attitude" is out of line

You're really coming across as an ass.

crazyfish

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
He didn't say anything about them specifically being worthless, but I will. I was drawn for the hunt a few years ago. My group leader was worthless. I don't know about any of the others, but mine offered no help at all. Several of us asked for help/ ideas where to start scouting. He offered none. I asked for advice on staying in the trees or climbing in the rocks. He wouldn't give an opinion. I asked how long he'd been helping down there and he said over 10 years. So surely he could have given a few pointers to those of us who asked.

Again, am I saying that they are all like that? No. But I m giving my first hand experience with ONE of the helpers.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My apologies. In all seriousness I have direct ties to this hunt. I am sorry that I was very offended by the comments made. I am sorry that I took them personally and came across as I did. My intentions are not to be an ass around this place at all.

I will say that I am sorry if you guys didn't have a top notch experience and felt like 100% wasn't given to you. I can assure you that 110% percent is expected at that hunt.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never drawn the hunt, but did go with a buddy that drew a bull tag as a helper.

PERSONALLY, I never saw anything but good hands for the staff.

One thing to note is that the Fed people want to help, but if they do, they violated some overtime rule thing.
I don't know how they got an exemption, but a younger guy, and girl got permission to work the hunt I was at. An older gentleman killed a big bull on top of the tallest ridge at 8am the first day. His son went to help, and quartering was the only option. By 2pm, they were exhausted, and called for help. I was riding with one of the ODW guys, when the call came in. We were met with the Fed folks with a 4 wheeler. We all went up to give a hand getting it down. Trust me, they were exhausted.
My hunter didn't score until the last day, so I went with a younger guy from Duncan on two other recoveries. It was tons of work, but better than sitting in the parking lot twiddling the thumbs. I'll say this......that younger guy from Duncan was 6' tall, and didn't weigh 160 pounds, but that farm kid was a total workhorse! Good Lord he was strong!
My first on only experience there, and it was totally positive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom