WikiLeaks Releases Hundreds of Thousands of Classified Documents in Defiance of U.S.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe putting piss poor HUMINT resources at risk will cause us to use better sources rather than just the lowest-priced source.

I don't get this comment. One of our greatest intelligence failures was the lack of actual human resources. We relied almost completely on the Israelis, the British and our Arab allies.

Part of it was our reluctance to work with "unsavory" characters.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't get this comment. One of our greatest intelligence failures was the lack of actual human resources. We relied almost completely on the Israelis, the British and our Arab allies.

Like I said, "lowest-priced".

You want good intel, you have to pay a premium.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Which failure are you talking about?

I seem to remember that during the Clinton administration, a New Jersey chick was in a South American country with her boyfriend a revolutionary commie. The guy got caught by the military and tortured to death. The woman learned that one of the officers in charge was a CIA asset. She returned to NJ and started complaining to Torricelli. The Torch worked on Clinton and a new rule was instituted that the intelligence services could not use assets that could not pass a human rights review.
All over the world assets were fired, CIA handlers quit in disgust and our ability to protect ourselves through humint was lost. Then we had 911.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I seem to remember that during the Clinton administration, a New Jersey chick was in a South American country with her boyfriend a revolutionary commie. The guy got caught by the military and tortured to death. The woman learned that one of the officers in charge was a CIA asset. She returned to NJ and started complaining to Torricelli. The Torch worked on Clinton and a new rule was instituted that the intelligence services could not use assets that could not pass a human rights review.
All over the world assets were fired, CIA handlers quit in disgust and our ability to protect ourselves through humint was lost. Then we had 911.

Clandestine sources, no matter what their economic level, can be used for intel.
Its amazing what some diplomat that thinks their crap doesn't stink will say around a wait person in a restaurant.......and so on.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I was going to say that, that wonderful visionary Clinton could be thanked for a large part of that, but NRAMan beat me to it.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Geeeeeeez, can we have a discussion without placing blame on Democrats or Republicans?

Our failures predate Clinton. They predate Ollie North's mentor, Bill Casey.

Both parties are to blame.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One interesting thing coming out from these leaked docs, despite what many claim about Israel, they are the ones preaching restraint when it comes to Iran and the rest of the Arab countries are wanting Iran attacked.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hopefully either the US or Australia will find a way to prosecute Assange for espionage and he'll be put away for the rest of his life.

Latest posts

Top Bottom