Will need engine rebuilt in OKC area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Soon I will need an engine rebuilt in the OKC area. I have a 2002 Buick Lesabre 3.8l. Are there any mechanics on here and if you are what is usually the cost of a rebuild ? I have been going though too much oil. With normal driving about 1 quart a day. Thanks

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Soon I will need an engine rebuilt in the OKC area. I have a 2002 Buick Lesabre 3.8l. Are there any mechanics on here and if you are what is usually the cost of a rebuild ? I have been going though too much oil. With normal driving about 1 quart a day. Thanks

WHOA. That's some serious leaking or burning. I sure don't wanna be driving behind you!

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you just need a machine shop, or do you need a mechanic who will take it out, fix it, and put it back in the car? If the former, I know a place I can recommend; if the latter, not so much.

DREW42

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a thought but have you looked into "pulled out" engine? I have used a pulled out engine from Japan for my Honda for example. Japan has strict emissions laws so they pull the engines and usually they are low miles (30000 average has been my experience). The engine for that Honda cost 500 plus 300 to install. They usually have transmissions/engines from all makes and models not just Japanese make and models.

T34r1tUp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would just go for a replacement used engine. I just got done with one for a customer and it ended up around 1100$. There are so many 3800s around that u can get them with decent mileage and price.

Just curious thought is all that oil coming out of the tail pipe as in huge clouds of smoke? It could be just leaking out onto the ground.

If ur in okc u can come by the shop and we can look at it

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is my second engine. First on blew after having some work done on it. Went and got a replacement engine and now this one is using too oil. Have not seen any black smoke blowing behind me. So I am sure it is just seals and gaskets that need replacing. But of course I am not a mechanic so I don't know for sure. I am not sure about a pulled engine. I just don't want to be back in this same spot in a few months or so. First time it cost me near $1700. Close to $600 for original work, $600 for engine and ruffly $500 to have the engine put in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom