Winchester 101's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm looking to expand my 101 inventory.

Anyone seen any in their LGS's? just languishing on the shelf, collecting dust, and needing to be shot?

Looking specifically for both 12 & 20 choked in IC/mod, without the tubes.

I have found a few, but they seem a little pricey, but it's been a while since I bough one.

What would an older, made in Japan and without a recoil pad, 101 be worth these days?

Any help or insight would be much appreciated.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a 20 gauge on gunbroker now in 99% condition and the bid is a little over 1500.I have seen the 101s in pretty decent shape go for 1000 -1200 in the last year.The GB # is 890472599

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a 20 gauge on gunbroker now in 99% condition and the bid is a little over 1500.I have seen the 101s in pretty decent shape go for 1000 -1200 in the last year.The GB # is 890472599

TY

Appears to be "a lot" of bid activity on that gun, with a whole bunch of time left on the clock.

I'll watch it and see what happens.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your welcome.It is pretty rare to find a gun that old in that good of condition so i am sure he will get a premium for it.Always liked the 101s.

ok-22shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Around 35 years ago, I picked up a Ted Williams 101 20ga, made in Japan. The previous owner opened up the lower choke to almost cylinder to shoot skeet. I was training labs and pointers at the time. Trapping pigeons to use in the field. Semi-auto shotgun was difficult to make safe quickly. Great to be able to open the action and know it was safe. The 20 killed lots of ducks over decoys back when we could use lead shot. Decent quail gun when coveys held for the dogs. Did not shot it for several years and was invited to pheasant hunt in the valley of Texas. Hammers springs had lost compression and would not ignite primers. Smith in Houston cleaned and replaced springs. Good as new. Decent shape but not pristine so no worries over the years about carrying in the field. One of about 5 guns that I would "never" sell.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Around 35 years ago, I picked up a Ted Williams 101 20ga, made in Japan. The previous owner opened up the lower choke to almost cylinder to shoot skeet.
I had the same gun in 12 ga with mod/full barrels. I got it in some trade I did with a guy I worked with and it had been hunted very very hard. It looked it too. I had a good friend that had to have it so I sold it to him, but that gun was a fantastic shooter. I swear with #7.5 heavy dove loads, you could hit it if you could see it. I drilled a dove at a solid 60 yards with it and it left a trail of feathers on the way down that looked like a smoke trail. My cousin's jaw about had to be picked up off the ground. Truth be told mine almost did too. I ain't lying either!

Latest posts

Top Bottom