Windows versus Chrome cast....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For using on a small new net book computer for using just for emails, and a few websites. Which is better, I am not IT literate and don't like the iPads, tablets etc. Is the Chrome cast suitable for simple uses? Appreciate any input. Thanks.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First I think you are confusing Chromecast with Chrome book.

Chromecast is a device that plugs into your tv and allows you to display things from your computer, tablet or phone and has a few apps of it's own.

Chrome book is a small netbook computer.

Anyway, Generally a windows computer will cost more than the ones based on Google's OS. The Chrome books are also less powerful and if at some point in time you want to play a nice new ten dollar game you bought at the store because it looks fun you won't be able to.

Windows based computers can be a pain even just for web surfing, once you connect to the internet you will be more apt to find viruses and other issues not to mention it will be windows 8 based and without a touch screen most people think it flat sucks.

I would suggest messing around with each and seeing how it works for your intended purpose as no one else will be able to give you an answer as which will work best for your needs. It's kinda like the mac vs pc or the iCrap vs android, it's all in your perspective and way of doing things.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought the HP Chromebook 14. You can install Linux on it and dual boot, but you can also simply run Linux and chrome os at the same time... See chrubuntu. The laptop is 350 and comes with 200 mb/mo of free t-mobile internet for a year.

Transmitted via Tactical Telecommunications Device

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Again, thanks for the input. Don't need much since I have a big laptop for finances, banking, etc. So your input was great. Got an HP at Buy for Less, cheapest one and for my needs it is great. Already going. There are one or two clubs I belong to that as time went on I had to use Chrome so this is awesome.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A chromecast dongle is a cheap nice feature if you you stream any movies/shows regularly. I use it for music sometimes, but mostly for steraming online content.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A chromecast dongle is a cheap nice feature if you you stream any movies/shows regularly. I use it for music sometimes, but mostly for steraming online content.

I will keep that in mind although I have not done it yet. I need to apologize I said Buy For Less and you probably know the senility set in and it is Best Buy. Thanks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom