Witnessed open carry at the Lowes in Yukon.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meetings are now held in private homes now. The president is a conservative and is a he not a she. He chews tobacco, builds hot rods, and owns cattle which he keeps on 20 acres a few miles away. He respects the feelings of others. He does not feel offending others does anything to promote the neighborhood.

So he's going to offend the legally OC-ing members, so as to not offend the sheeple?

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Meetings are now held in private homes now. The president is a conservative and is a he not a she. He chews tobacco, builds hot rods, and owns cattle which he keeps on 20 acres a few miles away. He respects the feelings of others. He does not feel offending others does anything to promote the neighborhood.

Seems extremely odd that the HOA, in Oklahoma, would ban OC. I don't OC but I would not ban it at a meeting in my home. I suspect this HOA president is being manipulated by his wife...a wife that's either a volentary member of the soccer mom club or wants to be noticed by the other HOA soccer moms. None the less, as mentioned, I don't OC as it is not my thing. I feel I can get my CC into action fast enough that OC has no advantage...also, my CC is comfortable (admittedly not as comfortable as OC) so no issue there either.
But I believe in letting sleeping dogs lie. And when you have a group of soccer moms that state they are concerned you are scaring or otherwise affecting their children with your OC weapon, I think you should pay attention. A soccer mom protecting her children is a tough opponent. I think many soccer moms ride the fence on guns and can be turned to the dark side easily if annoyed by an OC'r. And one soccer mom is not the issue. You annoy one soccer mom you run the risk of annoying an entire flock of them... Just sayin.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have seen a handful of OCers in Lawton. Maybe once a week I will some fellow carrying in one store or restaurant or another. It isn't a big deal to them, or to me and doesn't appear to be to anyone else if I judge by the lack of response from the pulic.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw a guy wearing scrubs and carrying what appeared to be a sig in a paddle holster. That drawstring on the scrub pants had to be cutting in pretty hard to keep that gun where it was.

Personally I've seen more empty holsters(aka guns left in vehicles) than I have seen people open carrying. I don't count the people who take a half a$$ attempt at covering a fullsize rig under a t-shirt leaving 2-3" of holster exposed while the rest of the gun looks shrink wrapped with the shirt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom