Witnessed open carry at the Lowes in Yukon.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our homeowners assoc had a meeting last fall for families in the neighborhood to discuss organizing in a more formal way. 2 homeowners showed up open carrying. Some parents expressed to me and a friend they feared for their children and family being there with those 2 present. They left. We had a law enforcement officer present and a firefighter. Many CC people find such actions as these 2 displayed as disgusting and without merit. The president of the association told me any future meetings would carry a notification that open carry firearms are not to be present.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our homeowners assoc had a meeting last fall for families in the neighborhood to discuss organizing in a more formal way. 2 homeowners showed up open carrying. Some parents expressed to me and a friend they feared for their children and family being there with those 2 present. They left. We had a law enforcement officer present and a firefighter. Many CC people find such actions as these 2 displayed as disgusting and without merit. The president of the association told me any future meetings would carry a notification that open carry firearms are not to be present.

That is silly. People have simply lost any and all common sense.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have seen several open carriers at wal-mart in yukon. The only thing that really gets to me is the few that are using the uncle mikes holsters. I find I am becoming a leather snob as I see myself looking down on the forbes and kydex carriers also.

ShurShot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've only seen one. It was at Bricktown Burgers about a month after OC became legal. My first thought was, if some chit goes down, he'll be the first target and that will buy me a little time!

I'm totally cool with open carry. Out hunting, kickin' around in the woods, etc... it's all good. If I'm standing in a bank, I want to look like a harmless little old lady.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've only seen one. It was at Bricktown Burgers about a month after OC became legal. My first thought was, if some chit goes down, he'll be the first target and that will buy me a little time!

I'm totally cool with open carry. Out hunting, kickin' around in the woods, etc... it's all good. If I'm standing in a bank, I want to look like a harmless little old lady.

Here here :woohoo1:

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Open Carry = first to be shot by the bad guy!! Read it and weep. Those of us that CC will save your butt if you are still alive!!!

Could you maybe post a few links to news items where this happens. I hear it all the time on places like this but have yet to see it on the news, I may just be missing all of them.

Thanks for any info, if I see enough reports I also will cower in fear of being first to go. Like all those LEO's that run such an awful risk each day at the QT getting a snack.

Later, David. :)

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Disgusting. Did they serve quiche at the meeting? What kind of neighborhood are you stuck in? When the president of the association told you that, could the OCers hear her?

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Well, at least the kids in those two families will grow up learning to be afraid of dumb ****. So, there's that.

Other than showing up open carrying, what exactly were they doing that was "disgusting and without merit", in your estimation? Were they walking around package checking themselves in front of the women and children, or catcalling the women in the room? Maybe they were walking around, hands on gun butts, spouting profanity. Just curious, is all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom