Wolf Ammo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freedompawn09

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This has probably already been discussed, but i am new and not so smart. I have a chance to buy some wolf .45acp fmj. I have heard (could have been in a dream/stupor or never happened) that the steel casing can be bad for the extractor. I have an xd-45c that i was planning to run it all through. Any info?

PS. I have had the pleasure of meeting several of the members here face to face and I am blown away by the knowledge you guys have about guns. Its alot of fun to talk to you guys.

Dan

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have shot the .45 flavor without failure in a sig 220 and glock 21 without issue. Extractor steel is harder than these cases. Internet lore, I don't know anyone who has experianced this, but I sure have read about it a lot online. Take it for what it is. Besides even if it is true, extractors are cheap. Haven't ever broke one of those either. reckon there is a first for everything.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
hell I like, the only ammo I don't feel funny about leaving the cases. Kind of a little bit of freedom from the reloader in me. Shoot it and be happy, will kill the same things that a brassed case round will. lol used to be real nice to shoot at $89/500, sad days we live in now.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
any other soldiers on here that can tell if they have experianced this type jam while in the service. There was another one besides me who did with brass ammo. not uncommon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom