Woman's College Softball

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Havent been in the Sports subforum in quite a bit. Very surprised there isn't any talk of it since the two OK schools have had great seasons so far and OU's girls are killing it. Started watching softball 3-4 years ago and the first season my wife gave me a hard time over it. The last two years she's totally into it. So much better to watch than the men's teams doing their thing. Don't have a lot to say on the whole softball topic but was very interesting to hear a sports caster (can't remember for the life of me who it was or the show) but they said that the OU womens softball team this season is the single greatest sports team in sprots history. They were eluding to the fact the team with its talented players, how they win/finish their games, their strength of schedule, etc, etc. In my honest amatuer softball opinion, it's hard to argue against the statement. Anyways, looking forward to the Regionals, Super Reginals and WCWS. for the next 3-4 weeks. If you haven't watched any of it I recommend you doing so.

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My girl was playing softball from preschool to 4th grade and decided to stop- we loved it- went from nothing to pretty good batter and outfield player cause we worked a lot at it at home. We still love watching OU Girls play and this year has been great. I tried to get her into golf and partly cause its good for me to get off the couch and keep moving. she was hitting off the practice/putting range really well, but decided band was the deal. So now I'm a couch potato.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We were in Tulsa last week and went to a sports bar for dinner and found myself watching the OU girls softball over the other sports that were on the dozen or so TV's in play at that time.
They have an amazing coach, and that brings in the best recruits. Good for them and good luck to the Murray state team at the nationals.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
OU has a great team and will be very tough to beat. It’s unfortunate that only 1 starting player is actually from Oklahoma but that’s the way it is for most teams now. My granddaughter is a 14 year old slugger with 13 over the fence homers and I hope she goes on to play college ball. It’s fun to watch.

Latest posts

Top Bottom