woolworh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a great FTF with woolworh last week... good communication.... showed up right on time, which counts extra... since we both drove mid-way from OKC/Tulsa.

would do business with again...

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a ftf with him today, he had some cell phone problems but he drove to where I had to meet someone else to make the deal happen after the first meeting time and place didnt work out.

watchcollector1968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wish I could say the same...deal never happened.

As you may know I had my Taurus PT101 for sale. A member PMd with an offer and could I meet half-way. I did not really want to drive far, so we agreed that of he came closer then a bit more off the price would be in order.

I answered various questions and we came to an agreement. I made it clear that I was heading to work, would not be online and so forth but I would check my email on the blackberry.

Then more emails arrived asking did I have the papers. No I dont...box and all, but no manual...when it was sent to Taurus for warranty on the mag release, it had the manual but came back without it.

Now, after the deal is "made" he asks for more pics...I tell him I am at work to which he says "Just send me more pics when you get home, I want to make sure it is what I want"...make sure? I thought the deal was made.

Anyways, after enough of this I decided the deal was not concrete...wishy-washy so I told him if he wanted it fine, if not fine...he said he did want it and would meet Tuesday morning as agreed. Fine.

He then emails back asking if I would take 20 dollars less than the lower price we had already agreed on...by this time I have had enough so I just said forget it.

Then he says ok to the first deal price...but he still wants more pics so he says "I can meet you Thursday if you have not sold it by then"...saying "If you have not sold it by then".....I thought I had sold it and was going to meet Tuesday...not he want to consider until Thursday unless it sold. This tells me the deal is not concrete.

So, here we have "I'll take it"...then "I want to make sure its what I want"...then "will you take less"...I want more pics and until Thursday to consider it if it does not sell by then.

The deal is on again, off again...different meeting times.

In the mean time after I just called it off, another buyer comes along who says "I'll take it"...deal is made (of course with the standard stipulation that the buyer can examine in person first) and now just waiting for the meeting time....that is how all my deals here have worked...agree to terms and that is that, quick and easy.

So now the original buyer sent me an email telling me I broke the OSA rules and he is "going to let them know"...that either means bad feedback or reporting me to moderators for rules violation.

To me the deal was made...then went backwards...then he tried to alter the deals price after the original deal was made...then put off a couple of days for consideration...then threats.

So consider this, if I agreed to buy one of your guns for a steal...and after the agreement asked for more pics to consider if I wanted it...then tried to lowball after the deal was made...then tried to delay the meeting to consider...would you consider it a done deal? Or would you just consider it a tire-kicker and take the next buyer who makes the deal and sticks to it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom