Working on my shooting range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glockisgood17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When we relocated one of the things we required was space for our own range. Took some time and dozer and mini excavator work but it works for us. Lined it with railroad ties to keep the dirt in place.

We can set up steel challenge, GSSF, etc quickly as everything is marked out in the gravel. Plate rack, dueling tree, steel plates etc. We will probably get a Texas star next year. 40 yards is our max distance. Ugly man target is 50 yards off the back deck for load development.

Yours looks nice. It’s so nice to have your own!

Regards,

Attachments

• IMG_1715.jpeg
    IMG_1715.jpeg
    624.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1992.jpeg
    IMG_1992.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0

Old Noob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When we relocated one of the things we required was space for our own range. Took some time and dozer and mini excavator work but it works for us. Lined it with railroad ties to keep the dirt in place.

We can set up steel challenge, GSSF, etc quickly as everything is marked out in the gravel. Plate rack, dueling tree, steel plates etc. We will probably get a Texas star next year. 40 yards is our max distance. Ugly man target is 50 yards off the back deck for load development.

Regards,
Nice. Wish I had a hill to dig into like you. It's a work in progress. Will get more dirt next summer. I want it higher and build into a crescent shape. Would also like some railroad ties to put up around the backside of the berm.

Glockisgood17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice. Wish I had a hill to dig into like you. It's a work in progress. Will get more dirt next summer. I want it higher and build into a crescent shape. Would also like some railroad ties to put up around the backside of the berm.
We just followed the lay of the land. Just started digging a gully down and widening it. If I chose to I could run a squad of 12 shooters at a time but that probably won’t happen.

The ties were cheap insurance. We did them double width and used rebar to tie them into the ground and each other. Really solid for sure. Also did tie backs into the berm itself.

Didn’t need any dirt, just a dozer operator that knew what he was doing. Gravel was fist sized for a base, the smaller sized on top.

Good luck with your project. It’s looking good!

Regards!

Angler2312

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Regards,
This looks like a dream come true ! very nice 👍

Glockisgood17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom