All I can say Is++++++

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What were you each shooting?
.223, .308, 30-06 9mm, 45, 357.

I let him shoot my hacksawed .223 rifles and my wife's 357.
And he got to shoot the Powder Puff .308 100gr cast load that you do not have to resize the case.

Every person that shoots it for the first time is dumbfounded.
Like that did not just happen.
So ya better be ready to hand the shooter another round so they know their mind is not playing tricks on them.

I just finished another barrel cut and crown last night in the garage and put the thing together and scopped it, this was the first range session.

He stacked those bullets.
Pulled one shot but called it and I think he took a picture.
He he wants to play show and tell he will.

I got to shoot his quick firing 9mm and his .223.
Good times.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes I had fun as well!
On the north side I was fire forming some 308 cases I made from 30-06. 147gr/BLC2
Your 223 was definitely set up for you, not ever shooting it or handling it for the first time getting behind it was smooth. I felt it when I pulled the 2nd shot and learned extremely quick from it. All I did was operate the tool, you had the tool and the load dialed in! Iv had a lot of experience playing in wind. When I was kid we would set the targets up and aim just off the opposite side of the wind wait for the gust and try and get the bullet to drift into the target. If that makes any sense.
Powder puffs were stupid quiet. Iv not been that impressed in a very long time. I’m going to work on that load.
Ya I posted about the pistol in the gun repair area. Crazy how the G19 went full auto. 5000 round count, I’m not even sure last time I cleaned? 2 years ago???

Correct me if I am wrong this was a 4 shot group? 223- not sure of the grain?

IMG_5316.png

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong this was a 4 shot group? 223- not sure of the grain?

^^^^^ Yes a 4 shot group. The 3 went .167" and count the 4 it went .715" That is center to center.

The fat barrel went .850" for you same load.. That was not any load work up it is a round I made for the AR15 5.56. 8 months ago 25.5gr H335 50gr V-Max seated 2.255" OAL CCI 450 primers.

2-23-24 004.JPG

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a target she shot at with the fat barrel .223 I fixed about a month ago.

She could not see the first hole right in the middle just a hair right, so she decided to shoot at the ends of the marker lines.
3 shots first in the middle then 3:00 and then 12:00.

That is 100 yard squirrel head for sure.

2-23-24 001.JPG

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
.223, .308, 30-06 9mm, 45, 357.

I let him shoot my hacksawed .223 rifles and my wife's 357.
And he got to shoot the Powder Puff .308 100gr cast load that you do not have to resize the case.

Every person that shoots it for the first time is dumbfounded.
Like that did not just happen.
So ya better be ready to hand the shooter another round so they know their mind is not playing tricks on them.

I just finished another barrel cut and crown last night in the garage and put the thing together and scopped it, this was the first range session.

He stacked those bullets.
Pulled one shot but called it and I think he took a picture.
He he wants to play show and tell he will.

I got to shoot his quick firing 9mm and his .223.
Good times.

The round you speak of baffled the **** out of me in your backyard.I bet it will wreak havoc on vermin!

Sounds like a good day shooting was had.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The round you speak of baffled the **** out of me in your backyard.I bet it will wreak havoc on vermin!

Sounds like a good day shooting was had.
OH it does kill vermin well.
And was a good day all together.
Wife just finished cooking me a homemade yellow cake. Not from a Box.
I get chocolate frosting on it :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom