World's largest army, never thought of this.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How does that compare to a conscript's proficiency?

Man to man, in regards to rifleman skills the edge might go to some , not most, hunters...but the conscript (in a modern army, not WWII Russia) is going to have the edge in conditioning, leadership, organization, material, and combined arms (air, artillery, etc...) support.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
but the conscript (in a modern army, not WWII Russia) is going to have the edge in conditioning, leadership, organization, material, and combined arms (air, artillery, etc...) support.

Conscripts, by very definition, are not professional soldiers. They are draftees who serve between 1-3 years as simple force augmentees. Even our version of conscription (the draft) yielded a soldier that is NOWHERE near as proficient as the professionals on active duty today. Heck, I've worked with plenty of the kids in todays military that have no concept of organization, material, or the employment of combined arms after being in for such a short period of time, Marines being the exception.

Lithiumokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think we would stand a great chance or repelling any invading force not matter who it is.. Once that happens, all the modern political correctness that ties the hands of our modern military goes out the window. When it comes to defending your homes and country, all the dirty tricks come out to play.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think people would be surprised what the average hunter could do if they were forced to. NEVER underestimate your fellow Americans.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think people would be surprised what the average hunter could do if they were forced to. NEVER underestimate your fellow Americans.

I don't know. I went hunting on Government land once. Key word is once. Its kinda like being in a war. You forget about the deer and just try to get back to the truck. I have seen guys in western Oklahoma that will shoot 450 yards at a 40lb deer.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Conscripts, by very definition, are not professional soldiers. They are draftees who serve between 1-3 years as simple force augmentees. Even our version of conscription (the draft) yielded a soldier that is NOWHERE near as proficient as the professionals on active duty today. Heck, I've worked with plenty of the kids in todays military that have no concept of organization, material, or the employment of combined arms after being in for such a short period of time, Marines being the exception.

Having worked with 'conscripts' from modern armies, I still have to disagree. They may not be professional soldiers, but they are still part of a professional disciplined force. We aren't comparing professional soldiers to our mythical hunter army right? If we are comparing conscripts versus hunters it's important to note that conscripts have been widely used, as more than just augementees, throughout history. Modern military conscripts are very capable of being proficient and professional, heck a good chunk of Europe had conscript armies until recently...wherein the conscripts were a large portion of the main body.

Most conscripts have the same issues that our volunteers have; immaturity, lack of skills etc...but a conscript army can still put a hurting on someone (Isreal anyone?), especially with a modest amount of professional leadership, so dismissing them as merely conscripts doesn't win the comparison does it?

I guess if we ever see some conscripts dropped off in the woods of Michigan to square off against deer hunters we will eventually get the answer. LOL!

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess if we ever see some conscripts dropped off in the woods of Michigan to square off against deer hunters we will eventually get the answer. LOL!

Forget cowboys and aliens....I'm pitching conscripts and hunters to the first movie company that will take my call! I think I'll call my heroic, guerilla tactic using group of hunters something fearsome. I've got it...they'll be the WOLVERINES!!!! No one take my idea because this stuff is genius!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom