World's largest army, never thought of this.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've rather enjoyed the debate and am about to light up some sort of tobacco product to further my enjoyment.

I just got home from a night out and im far too fat, full, and tired to mildly engage in this soiree but I thoroughly enjoyed the exchange of opinions in this thread.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was a good one to be sure. A night spent in debate while sipping and adult beverage and enjoying a good pipe is a pleasant evening indeed. However, it sounds like you had a pretty good evening yourself.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea I hadnt seen my mother in about two yrs and I mentioned (jokingly) the weekend before this past one if she could move back to Oklahoma. Fortunately she has the ability to roam where her heart desires so she arrived here on Friday from California for a short visit.

Talk about a surprise with very short notice on her part, she was here in under a week! lol I love that lady...

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd argue against that. The majority of hunters I've known throughout my life were remarkably untrained, or unpracticed, riflemen. They dust off their chosen hunting piece a few weeks before hunting season, fire off a few rounds for zero, take a deer or two, then it goes back in the safe till next fall. They get good with a piece over years of using it...but they are from from true shooters.

I would even go out on a limb to say that this describes the majority of deer hunters.....no stats behind it, just a general impression from knowing and hunting with folks up north, down south, and out here in Oklahoma.

How does that compare to a conscript's proficiency?

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The world's largest army... America's hunters!

There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin .
That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania and Michigan's 750,000 hunters, all of whom have now returned home.
Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia, and don't forget the 1,169,667 in Texas, so it literally establishes the fact that the hunters of those five states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.

Somewhere, A liberal just got sick when they seen these numbers.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If we are invaded screw the geneva convention bs. I will use ballistic tips, and hollow points. But truthfully I think it will be safest to rat hole all my ammo and guns in a cellar to get away from all the stray bullets. When things get a little quiet come out for either my last stand or to go grab all the invaders weapons. Its a survival thing, nothing about fear.

Latest posts

Top Bottom