Worried

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, I guess I may have to move. A while back, I got a certified letter from my city that stated they were considering converting an empty church into a homeless shelter. My problem with this plan is that the building is located less than 300 feet behind my house with no fences, or anything else, between me and it.

I live in a residential neighborhood. There are no stores within a half mile, and emergency services are at least 1 mile away. Plus, there are families that are located all around the area.

I am concerned that it may become unsafe around my house, if this happens. Part of me says that I should just sit back and see what happens. However the rational part of me says that it might be time to get outta Dodge.

I have worked in downtown T- town for 13 years and have seen a lot of homeless people that were not good characters. I have seen many on drugs, and have seen what they do to get money for these drugs. I have worked hard all of my life to get what I own and while my heart may go out to people who have found themselves homeless, my peace and well being are paramount to me. I also have to take into consideration the items that I may possess and use in partaking in the hobby that we, on this site, all share.

Am I wrong? What would any of you do, if you found yourself in my situation?

To the mods - I don't know if this post violates the rules here. If it does, then please delete it and accept my humble apologies.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you don't move or sell, try and get a good burglar alarm. The bad part is that if you do sell, you'll have to disclose what the city is doing with the church and it'll hurt your bottom end (money received).

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I worked in both downtown OKC and downtown Tulsa for many years.There are a lot of bad things that go on in both cities that don't make the paper.Can't do a lot about where you work unless you want to change jobs.If you live in Okmulgee by all means move somewhere else.I went to school there years ago and even today Okmulgee makes Lawton look like paradise.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Ha! In my neighborhood a homeless shelter would be an upgrade!

Tell me more about this big mean dog.

Latest posts

Top Bottom