Would States Disregard Gun Bans?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
With two states ignoring Federal laws on marijuana, and for the time being the President has said he's not going to go after them because the people of those states have spoken.

Many states have proven by popular vote that they are in favor of their citizens having access to firearms, open cary and relaxed many fees in some states on CCW. Would those same states ignore a federal AWB in the same way drug laws are being ignored?

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would think if the ban were considered unreasonable(Feinstein wants to ban pretty much all semi-auto firearms...not just rifles) many would. The timing, political, social, and legal atmospheres are different than the last AWB, which merely banned scary rifles with scary features, and they are trying to make this one more stringent(as noted). I seriously doubt a legislative ban will pass the house right now, but that could change in 2014.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if states could declare their licensed weapons carriers as the "State Militia".
That would make the laws governing those so licensed the substance of a "well regulated militia" referenced in the 2nd Amendment.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would think if the ban were considered unreasonable(Feinstein wants to ban pretty much all semi-auto firearms...not just rifles) many would. The timing, political, social, and legal atmospheres are different than the last AWB, which merely banned scary rifles with scary features, and they are trying to make this one more stringent(as noted). I seriously doubt a legislative ban will pass the house right now, but that could change in 2014.

I'm fairly certain Montana would...

Latest posts

Top Bottom