Would you send your 13 year old daughter to southern Mexico?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would it be wise to send your 13 year old daughter to Mexico for Spring Break?

• Yes, no worries

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Yes, if she went with 25 bodyguards

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • No, absolutely not

Votes: 80 82.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a war going on in Mexico between drug lords and the Mexican government. Would a parent with good judgement send their thirteen year old daughter there for Spring Break?

Here are some representative State Department travel warnings for southern Mexico. About half of the place listed in southern Mexico have dire warnings. The President's daughter apparently went to a place for which there was no warning at present.

Aguascalientes: You should defer non-essential travel to the areas of the state that border the state of Zacatecas. The security situation along the Zacatecas border continues to be unstable and gun battles between criminal groups and authorities occur. Concerns include roadblocks placed by individuals posing as police or military personnel and recent gun battles between rival TCOs involving automatic weapons.

Campeche: No advisory is in effect.

Chiapas: San Cristobal de las Casas is a major city/travel destination in Chiapas -see map (PDF, 286 kb) to identify its exact location: No advisory is in effect.

Colima: Manzanillo is a major city/travel destination in Colima -see map (PDF, 286 kb) to identify its exact location: You should exercise extreme caution when traveling through the areas of the state of Colima that border the state of Michoacán. You should also exercise caution when traveling at night outside of cities in the remaining portions of the state. The security situation along the Michoacán border continues to be unstable and gun battles between criminal groups and authorities occur. Concerns include roadblocks placed by individuals posing as police or military personnel and recent gun battles between rival TCOs involving automatic weapons.
http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_5665.html

minman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I assume you are referring to the presidents daughters vacationing in Mexico over spring break. I probably wouldn't be concerned with sending my daughters if they had a Secret Service detail assigned to them.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No problem, as long as I was doing it on the taxpayers dime. That stuff would get expensive. At least I know my income taxes for the year went to a good cause. I shutter at the thought they would go toward something logical.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not a chance.
Most of the guys that worked for me in construction were from Zacatecas, Aguas Calientes and Michoacan areas. They didn't even want to go back and that was 15 years ago.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey now, let's not critize our elected officials or what they do. Cripes! Are you trying to get put in prison?! As the saying goes....shut up and color. Under a Secret Service detail, I wouldn't worry too much about sending her there.....glad we could fund that. Me personally, I wouldn't send a letter to southern Mexico.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No way I'd go there, much less send a daughter. To me, Mexico is like California. Both could drop in the ocean and sink and not be missed.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is no way I'd let my 13 yr old daughter go to owasso alone let alone another country. now if it was a family trip, the little time Ive spent in Mexico was just fine and that includes the drive ( yea I said drive) to Ensenada. Stay in the tourist spots and you'll be okay

Latest posts

Top Bottom